News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Opcode List

Started by EddieB, October 24, 2006, 03:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PBrennick

You guys sound bored. I DID use an application to spit the lines (TextPad), then I used TextPad to add the prefixes. Now I am doing the editting. The way you could write anapplication to split the columns is to search for 2 consecutive spaces. When you find a match, you replace the spaces with a CRLF pair. Easy when you know how, right? This breaks up the fields correctly but puts spaces at the beginning of some lines. Using TextPad, you can use a Regular Expression search for the beginning of any line with a space and replace it with nothing. Then you just keep pressing Replace All until it fails. Then add the prefixes, save the file and make a coffee.

There are now 307 records in the preview.
Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

Ehtyar

My first language was mirc script, which taught me most of the basic programming concepts, varibles, if statements etc, then i went on to html, php, vb, various scripting languages, before i found assembly. I then moved on to some more advanced hhls like c/c++/delphi, i swear to god though i will never touch .net again unless im making money out of it, lol.

Ehtyar

Bored is the word Paul, lol. If i'm not careful i'll break my 100 posts. Right now im setting up a 64 bit machine with windows and office (god 64 bit sucks).
Im glad that you're not doing it all by hand, i feel a lot better now :) Please let us know if we can be of any help at all.

Regards, Ehtyar.

PBrennick

Thanks for the offer but I am all done with the formatting. I just need to look at each record for errors. I am also shortening the explanation field of each record to try to cut down on the file size. I was considering breaking it up into the various CPU settings but I like the idea of keeping it all in one file. The best way you can help is by making a nice program that utilizes the database.

Paul

Ehtyar

The only language i know in which i can manipulate strings well is php :( Maybe one day in the future i'll be good enough at asm to accomplish something worthy of this creation of yours.

PBrennick

Ehtyar,
I am certain you will accomplish this. If you start a project using my database and need help, post your questions in GeneSys as that is where I spend most of my time.

I am building this database in the Campus because I want everyone to see this nice database. I am going to go back to work on it now. I got a late start because I found a serious problem with the new version of masm32 and needed to do a lot of quick testing this morning.
Be sure to read the thread I just started in the Campus.

I am going to start a thread about this project in GeneSys so watch there for the next updates.

Paul

EddieB

Ah yes, I understand now....

I started like this:

Basic HTMLWebpages
Basic languages ( Blitz, qbasic etc )
PHP ( and other server side languages )
C and C++
Advanced C++ Stuff like templates etc.
ASM ( recently )

PBrennick

Okay,
I am up to 364 records now and I am done with the FPU stuff. I will now post the update in GeneSys and continue from there.

Paul