MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Opcode List

Started by EddieB, October 24, 2006, 03:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieB

Ha! That's perfect...

The text file is exactly what I needed, many thanks again and again :)

That makes it 100% easier to parse.

Cheers

Ehtyar

Jeez Paul, don't be so hard on yourself. Coders will be worshiping you for this for years to come, myself included no doubt!!

PBrennick

Ehtyar,
You are a very nice man. Thank you.

Everyone: I will post another update tomorrow morning and then every 3 or 4 hours after that. It is slow going but as you can see from the preview, it is well worth it. I am parsing the FPU stuff right now and watching Florida creaming Georgia.  :bdg

It does not look like I will finish tomorrow, that was an optimistic prediction, evidently, but I will keep the updates coming until it is done. My realistic goal for tomorrow is to get 500 records into the preview file. Wish me luck!

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

Ehtyar

Indeed, good luck Paul. This is a massive undertaking, YOU are the nice man i think :U

EddieB

Just wondering, why are you doing it by hand? Surely it would have been easier to write an application that takes the list and splits it into groups of four..

Ehtyar

I actually tried that myself with a little regex, but it dosnt work because of the varying lengths of the different columns :(

EddieB

Well, the ascii copy I have, each one is on a new line.... So I would split it up into lines and go from there.

Ehtyar

meh, mine must be different....

EddieB

I would use C++ for it though :P I'm still a bit of a "noob" in asm, but I know enough to get me by.

Ehtyar

I prefer asm for almost everything, it just makes so much sense to me. C++ on the other hand is just voodoo to me, lol, thought i do appreciate the occasional C.

P.S. We so need instant chat, IRC anyone? :P

EddieB

Yeah, im not going to start a debate here over C or C++ :P I don't just use C++, I use both... I just like to say C++ :P

Ehtyar

LOL, sounds more impressive i must admit. What i really miss most in hlls is access to the registers, a mile long list of varibles instead of a push eax here and pop edx there.

EddieB

I do use a lot of asm in my C++.

For example:

void *functionptr = GetProcAddress(....

_asm{
    push arg1
    push arg1
    call functionptr
}

Does save me a lot of time.

Ehtyar

*nods* Out of curiosity, what langauges can you code and in which order did you learn them?

EddieB

I started of in basics, now im onto C++ and ASM...

I know various other languages such as PHP, VB and anything else I can find...

I'm currently working on this with its creator, ( nuclearglory.com ) Nuclear fusion is a C++ game engine, Nuclear basic is a basic language soon to be released, and the collision dll is what ng is well known for.

Well that's a bit about me.

Cheers