News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

PortableDevicesAPI.LLIB?

Started by xandaz, March 18, 2012, 03:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xandaz

This is not distibuted with MASM32? Where can i find the includes and libs for IPortableDevices::etc? Thanks

donkey

Don't think there would be an import library for this, its COM only as far as I know though there might be a couple of helper functions. There is no include file I know of for MASM but you can translate the C/C++ header files PortableDeviceApi.h and PortableDevice.h to get the interface definitions, the Property Keys and enumerations you need.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

xandaz

I found it in the sdk. But no include file as you say. This is not so easy to translate donkey. At least for me. It has macros. I'm trying to use ToutEnMasm's ready to use sdk but it's either way kinda hard. There's always errors. Thanks donks.

donkey

Hi xandaz,

Having translated hundreds of header files from C++ to asm format I know how you feel, good luck with it.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

xandaz

I solved using just what i needed. But now i don't know the include file that has CLSID_PortableDeviceManager. What is it? do you know?

donkey

Quote from: xandaz on March 18, 2012, 06:30:20 PM
    I solved using just what i needed. But now i don't know the include file that has CLSID_PortableDeviceManager. What is it? do you know?

Its in PortableDeviceApi.h, defined as follows:

EXTERN_C const CLSID CLSID_PortableDeviceManager;

#ifdef __cplusplus

class DECLSPEC_UUID("0af10cec-2ecd-4b92-9581-34f6ae0637f3")
PortableDeviceManager;
#endif

To use it you can do the following

CLSID_PortableDeviceManager GUID <0af10cech,02ecdh,04b92h,<095h,081h,034h,0f6h,0aeh,006h,037h,0f3h>>

or whatever MASM syntax is for it.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

xandaz