News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Sending File via Bluetooth

Started by Force, February 27, 2012, 12:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Force

Is there any way sending file from computer to phone programatically?

any sample ?
Never Stop Until You Are Better Than The Best

dedndave

i suppose there is some sort of common standard interface that different brands of phones use
you may wind up poking around some C programs, then translating to ASM
once you see how the phones work...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa362932%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

you'll have to find the .H file, make a .INC file, and LIB
i haven't seen any already done - probably not that hard   :P

you might look around the winasm forum

Force

Ok Dave

But There is a little problem i dont know C syntax  well because  I dropped down from java language  :toothy

anyway I will try to translate it

dedndave

we have to do that, from time to time
i am not a C programmer, either   :P
some of the other forum members help me

sinsi

There is a Bluetooth API on MSDN, it's basically a network so it uses lots of winsock.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

Force

I think i need more knowledge about winsock

anunitu

What I would really like to see in this area(Cell Phones) is a phone that could be switched from pure wireless cell for outside,and when inside switched to run off a router from your much cheaper internet connection. This is one reason I don't have a Cell phone,and my land line is from the Internet provider.

Force

I use my old cell phone as modem already

I connect internet over Bluetooth  with Gprs of cell phone  :toothy

clive

Quote from: anunitu on February 28, 2012, 03:45:16 PM
What I would really like to see in this area(Cell Phones) is a phone that could be switched from pure wireless cell for outside,and when inside switched to run off a router from your much cheaper internet connection. This is one reason I don't have a Cell phone, and my land line is from the Internet provider.

It all depends on what prices/options you have, and how big a luddite you want to be. I leave the house occasionally, so a cell phone is quite useful, regardless of how it interacts with my home WiFi network and broadband connections.

Just sounds like you have the wrong plan, my land line without internet is more expensive than a cell phone with unlimited calls, text, internet. I could probably drop the land line, but the physical copper connection is a tad more reassuring, channeling Ned Ludd I guess.

An android cell phone running Skype pretty much has the functionality you want, but the carriers are resistant to VoIP, and WiFi is a huge power drain on phones. The carriers want femto-cells, not iPhones and Androids least cost routing VoIP.

You'd think the carriers would get a clue, but they whine about not being able to make money selling iPhones.
It could be a random act of randomness. Those happen a lot as well.

anunitu

I don't have a cell phone,and one reason is many people I know with cell's complain of not being able to use them while in their homes. I have seen so many people walking outside in the COLD,trying to talk on their Cell's.

clive

Quote from: anunitu on February 28, 2012, 06:20:02 PM
I don't have a cell phone,and one reason is many people I know with cell's complain of not being able to use them while in their homes. I have seen so many people walking outside in the COLD,trying to talk on their Cell's.

I guess that's the argument for the femto-cell, but again that would require some kind of viable back-haul, in which case I'd be using Skype or other VoIP, and still not be wander around in the cold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femtocell

I think we're still some way off from get a singular, seamless and ubiquitous service.

Force

As I understand

Anunitu just dsnt like to use cell phone

in fact lot of times i forgot my cell phone in the home too  maybe thats why i dont need it always

:toothy

clive

Well I'm sure we can all make excuses, but sometimes you have to have multiple tools in the toolbox that work appropriately in a given situation. A land line is appropriate when you can't get cell service at your house, and a cell phone is appropriate when you leave your house, or move away from it further than the sphere of coverage a cordless phone accommodates. If you're out of cell service, and can't reel out enough cable to extend your land line's reach, then maybe you're in the market for a satellite phone.

With just a land line you're never going to be directly contactable outside the immediate vicinity of the house. The cellular carriers have figured there is a market place for such services, and sometimes both.