News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Lots of time to write code

Started by donkey, February 07, 2012, 01:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

Broke my foot playing hockey today, caught a puck right on the top of my skate and snapped a bone at the base of my toe. Have to stay off it for a few days so I get to do a bit more programming than usual. The real down side is that I'm probably not going to be able to play now for at least a month while it fully heals and I can get the skates on again, it was rather painful taking them off. I hate missing that much hockey, after all I'm 50 years old, there aren't many years left that I'll be able to play.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

hutch--

:bg

Edgar,

You must have had a deprived childhood where you did not play Rugby League (or Union). If you had have done that you would know the magic rule, land on your head and you will never hurt anything.

Still, if you be good, work hard and eat a lot of protein and calcium, it should heal up fast so you can be let loose on ice again.  :P
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

donkey

Quote from: hutch-- on February 07, 2012, 02:00:01 AM
If you had have done that you would know the magic rule, land on your head and you will never hurt anything.

Yeah, no vital organs inside  :bg

For 50 I'm not in terrible shape, 6'1" 195  lbs and not too much fat yet, but that can't last forever, I'm already painfully slow and it can take a few days to recover from a skate. Eventually I'll have to give it up but it'll be a sad day when all I can do is sit and watch.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

hutch--

Edgar,

if you are not aiming for the Olympics and can stop breaking bits and pieces you should be able to play until you are over 90. I am not as fast on a pushbike as I was at 17 but I still get there and at least fast enough most of the time. You are reasonably heavy for your height so it may be worth keeping an eye on it and adjusting your aerobic rate to keep the extra pounds off. I keep up the cycling to keep my guts within reasonable size. It has little to do with what you eat and much to do with how much work/exercise you do as to how fast you add on the pounds.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

dedndave

i hope it's not a bad break, Edgar
Zara broke her foot a few years back - made a real mess of things

donkey

Quote from: dedndave on February 07, 2012, 04:19:32 AM
i hope it's not a bad break, Edgar
Zara broke her foot a few years back - made a real mess of things

No, it was a clean break and should heal fine which is lucky when you consider the sport. I have a finger that I broke a couple of years back that never healed properly as well as a bone in the same hand (my stick hand), hurts a bit when it rains and the finger looks a little mangled.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

jj2007

Edgar,

Don't overdo the code writing now - you need to keep a balance between physical and mental health  :green2

All the best,
Jochen

baltoro

EDGAR,
...Whoa, Jochen,...excellent point (laughing),...
Years ago I went on one of those ski holidays during Christmas with my family,...and, my younger brother managed a compound boot-top fracture of his leg.
Several years after that, he broke his leg again,...AT EXACTLY THE SAME LOCATION. It was horrendous,...the doctors weren't sure if the leg would heal,...he had it pinned and in a cast for almost a year. Doctors advised him seriously never to ski again.
That's the real danger,...re-injuring an old site.
So,...I suggest that you take up a less hazardous sport,...like para-sailing off the summits of Patagonian peaks,... :eek
...Anything that doesn't involve Grizzly Bears or Glacial Crevasses,...
Baltoro

Farabi

You sound like bone broke is something ussual Mr Edgar, I hope you can be healed soon.
I feel itchy on my foot, I bet it must be really hurt, I never had any bone break on my life.
Those who had universe knowledges can control the world by a micro processor.
http://www.wix.com/farabio/firstpage

"Etos siperi elegi"

Magnum

Quote from: hutch-- on February 07, 2012, 03:49:58 AM
Edgar,

if you are not aiming for the Olympics and can stop breaking bits and pieces you should be able to play until you are over 90. I am not as fast on a pushbike as I was at 17 but I still get there and at least fast enough most of the time. You are reasonably heavy for your height so it may be worth keeping an eye on it and adjusting your aerobic rate to keep the extra pounds off. I keep up the cycling to keep my guts within reasonable size. It has little to do with what you eat and much to do with how much work/exercise you do as to how fast you add on the pounds.

I love riding my bike too.

My hood has lots of loose dogs.

I was recently bit by a small dog thru my blue jeans.
I was impressed by how high the turd jumped.  :bdg

First dog bite in over 50 years of riding.

Have a great day,
                         Andy