News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Smoking Pot.

Started by Bill Cravener, January 13, 2012, 06:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

Well sonofabitch I just may have to take up smoking pot again. Like smoking cigarettes I always feared lung damage or lung cancer. Appears after long studies that's not the case.

Now I'm not trying to encourage anyone to smoke pot but I have to say I am surprised by the latest findings.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/11/marijuana-smoking-does-not-harm-lungs-study-finds/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

baltoro

Quote...The heaviest marijuana smokers had lighted up more than 22,000 times,...

I dunno,...I usually disavow even knowing what marijuana is,...
...And, I'm pretty sure I don't have LUNG cancer,...
...In fact, I'm still holding my breath,... :eek

The REAL problem with smoking marijuana is that,...you suddenly are absolutely convinced that you are the coolest person on the planet,...
This is clearly an insidious form of dementia,...which is terminal.
The only medically recognized cure for this malady is assembly language programming,... :eek
Baltoro

Bill Cravener

:bg

It is still a fact that smoking pot slows down thinking and causes a lack of motivation but at my age I don't think my brain function can get any slower then it already is and hell at my age who needs motivation? :lol
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

baltoro

Thanks for alerting me, BILL.
I think my motivation is OK,...it's just that all I want to do is clearly illegal (in the United States).
...Except,...assembly programming, of course,...
But, I gotte admit,...if (theoretically speaking),...I was to smoke a doobie,...
...I'm pretty sure I couldn't even remember what a MOV instruction is supposed to do,...

DAVE knows ALL ABOUT THIS KINDA STUFF (...but, don't tell the moderator, OK ???).
...Maybe, he'll enlighten us,... :eek
Baltoro

dedndave

i saw an article someplace the other day that said pot is actually good for you   :P
i didn't read it because i had smoke in my eyes - lol

baltoro

...Sounds like an endorsement, DAVE,...
Baltoro

Bill Cravener

Dave research does show that there is actually a slight improvement in lung capacity because they believe pot smokers breathe in to the lungs maximum capacity and then hold to the point it improves the lungs ability to expand and contract. Who-da-thunk! :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

jcfuller

Programming was the reason I quit. My memory was bad enough as it was.
Very few days missed without a toke from 69-84.

James

donkey

Never liked smoking pot, I don't like the feeling of being high. But I don't think it should be illegal, one more manifestation of the nanny state in my opinion. [sarcasm]I do agree that its a gateway drug though, last year I took a puff of a joint and had the overwhelming urge to shoot heroin into my eyeball [/sarcasm] (I am beginning to think they really should have a Sarcastica font.). The feds here were talking about decriminalizing it a few years back but according to the press overwhelming pressure from the US killed the idea, now with the conservatives in power it's not likely to happen, they're already calling for longer prison terms for marijuana offenses. However, nothing lasts for ever, especially a conservative majority, and if they do pass the mandatory sentencing laws for marijuana that is a good thing, it means that the next government's choices are limited to leaving it the way it is or legalizing it, considering that a majority of Canadians want it legalized I expect that it will be in the next five or ten years.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

hutch--

I am blessed that it does not agree with me so it has saved me a fortune over a lifetime. Never been a big drinker and the only vice I have is my cigarettes. If I ever give up smoking I will have to pursue another vice, probably blondes again.  :bg
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

baltoro

Weirdly enough, I come from a family with a high incidence of alcoholism,...I never enjoyed drinking, except in the summer when I was lounging around the pool.
...And, in retrospect,...I think that smoking anything,...especially if you do it habitually,...diminishes optimal health.
It's entirely possible,...that the known laws of physics are completely reversed in the Southern Hemisphere, though,...a kind of counter-intuitive Feng-Shui effect,...
Baltoro

Farabi

TetraHydroCanabinol is not addictive, I quit using it years ago, so do alcohol, and I dont wanted to use it again. But, I hope what makes my live sucks is because I had less standing. But as a trade off, I am get into syntetic opioid, and I hopw I was wrong, some person messed up with my head and then fooled me like a cops. I hope this is get over soon, I dont "heard" them talked again since this day. I bet I was a guinea pig by some of the researchers, and what is bugging me, how did they sent the data for each of my neurons? Or Im just illusioning or they are a ghost. Hell.
Those who had universe knowledges can control the world by a micro processor.
http://www.wix.com/farabio/firstpage

"Etos siperi elegi"

sinsi

QuoteThe heaviest marijuana smokers had lighted up more than 22,000 times
What! My tally must be near 40,000. 30 years, 4 times a day...I dunno, so-called pot smokers nowadays.
Back in my day etc. etc.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

Bill Cravener

America has a sick mind when it comes to laws against marijuana use. Enforcing marijuana prohibition costs taxpayers an estimated $10 billion annually and results in the arrest of some 900,000 individuals per year, far more than the total number of arrestees for all violent crimes combined, including murder, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. It's really about time that the US pulls its head out of the sand and stop this stupidity.

http://norml.org/laws/penalties/item/pennsylvania-penalties-2

This brings up a question I have, what are the laws if any against the use of marijuana for personal use in other countries?
My MASM32 Examples.

dedndave

the only problem i see with pot is...
...when you try to buy some, it puts you in the same crowd that deals with the more harmful drugs, such as meth, crack, and so on
that's the governments choice, because of the stupid pot laws