News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

1 Tb SSD Drive

Started by dedndave, January 11, 2012, 02:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anunitu

What happens next is,the price starts to fall,and this range of storage Capacity becomes the base line. Carry your complete system with you. Plug it into your I-phone and there you go!

Bill Cravener

Wow Dave ain't that something. Then again my new Win 7 machine has a 1TB drive. I've got everything I can find stored on it using about 200GB of space including VirtualBox with Win 8 and Win 2000 installed leaving over 700GB left over. Unless you're big into videos what's the point on a personal PC for such a large drive let alone a stick with that much storage space?
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

well - the size of the drive isn't as impressive as the speed, to me
but - lifespan is the question
even so, i don't know many people that can spend $3000 on anything so small, now days  :P
with the current economy, if i spend that much or more on something, i want to be able to drive it, live in it, or make a profit on it

baltoro

This, of course, is fabulous news,...
Being famous for writing the most bloated assembly language programs known to man,...
...This gives me the opportunity to really conquer some new horizons in that regard,...
Baltoro

hutch--

Bill,

My win7 box has 4 x 1TB drives in it. It allows you to plop anything you like on a partition with indifference to size, free to air downloaded movies converted to MP2 for DVDs, any amount of music you like, multiple SDKs, full collections of Microsoft header files etc etc ....

My XP dev box only has 3TB of storage, disk caddies trashed 2 x 1 TB drives so I put back the two 500gb drives I tool out of it.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Bill Cravener

Quote from: hutch-- on January 11, 2012, 09:54:36 PM
Bill,

My win7 box has 4 x 1TB drives in it.

My XP dev box only has 3TB of storage,

:bg
Steve my friend, you're just a wild man. But I can see the point in your case. I have a 1TB DVR for the occasional video but it doesn't get much use. Most of the movies I own were purchased as DVD's (I still have a small library of the old VHS that never get played).
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat