Started by baltoro, December 23, 2011, 07:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

Quote from: FORTRANS on December 29, 2011, 01:55:54 PM
Hi,

Onion addiction?  (Sorry, had to.)

Cheers,

Steve

Sorry, wrong leak. I do love leeks though, such as braised leeks and mustard greens. Yummy! :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

hutch--

Michael,

While I remember, one of the things that works well is to make sure the food you eat goes through you fast enough as this reduced the demand on your gall bladder. The easiest way I have found without using harsh purgatives is to keep up a regular convenient fibre source, in my case Metamucil has been OK. the mechanism is simple, the psyllium fibre absorbs a lot of water which in turn passes the food through your digestive tract a lot faster so there is less exposure time of fatty food in your duodenum to trigger you gall bladder into pumping bile to aid digestion.

It also means you must drink a lot of water but that actually works well in that keeping your body well hydrated makes many other things working properly as well. I have sort of got used to drinking so much water, especially as I drink vast amounts of coffee which is a diuretic.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

MichaelW

Steve,

Thanks. While I normally keep track of my hydration level and drink a lot of water, a holdover from decades of running even under hot/humid conditions where dehydration can be a very serious problem, I have never considered the benefits as regards my gallbladder problem. I don't take fiber supplements, but I have maintained a high-fiber diet for most of my life. I have had one bad gallbladder "attack" that cost me ~12 hours of misery and several days of discomfort. After that experience, each time I end up eating a high-fat meal, usually not by my choice, I worry if it will trigger another attack. Next time I'll try loading up on fiber and water before and after the meal. And I just realized another benefit from this tactic - if they poison me it will be out of my system sooner so I'll absorb fewer toxins.
eschew obfuscation