News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

New Year's Resolutions

Started by baltoro, December 23, 2011, 07:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baltoro

I don't know about you guys,...but, I'm tired of being an invertebrate.
I experience neurotic self-loathing and a continuous bombardment of weird and demented thoughts.

...And, so,...I've decided to completely alter my reality,...
With a top secret, proprietary mixture of exotic radionuclides, neutrinos and tachyons, administered intravenously,...and an intensive program of Transcendental meditation,...
I plan to transform myself into a Wormhole,...through Minkowski SpaceTime,...
Should be really exciting !!!
...And, hey,...I don't want to hear any gay wormhole jokes,... :eek
Baltoro

dedndave

be sure and let us know how that works out   :bg

anunitu

Not to worry, its an election year,and also its 2012,and everything is gonna be distroyed anyway. So,its party time,Cue that crazy music where you cant stop shaking your ass..Lets MOMBO!!!!!!

donkey

Quote from: anunitu on December 23, 2011, 09:03:17 PM
Not to worry, its an election year,and also its 2012,and everything is gonna be distroyed anyway.

Apparently spell checkers are the first to go  :bg
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

anunitu

hutch--

i have much simpler tastes, yesterday I had to get up in the ungodly hours to go to a local hospital to get an untrasound done as I have had a cantankerous gall bladder for about 10 years that comes back to haunt me at about 4 - 5 am if I eat anything that does not agree with it the night before. The ultrasound showed that I have some gall stones which answers the question, get rid of the PHUKING thing. Have to go back to the surgeon early next year with the CD they wrote for me from the digital imaging of the ultrasound results.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

baltoro

Hmmm,...
I suspect that a Wormhole would not benefit your medical prognosis.
Baltoro

dedndave

sure it would...
send Hutch one direction and his gall stones another   :bg

MichaelW

I also have gallstones, and my, so far very effective, solution is to just limit my fat intake.
eschew obfuscation

dedndave

that doesn't sound nearly as exciting as the new "wormhole dispersion treatment"

hutch--

Michael,

I have been doing that for about the last 10 years and most of the time it works as long as I keep drinking large amounts of water but dehydrate a bit and eat something fatty and it comes back with a vengeance. I can often get away with it if I eat something fatty early in the day as your normal body movement walking around and doing normal things helps to move the food through but it is at its worst if I eat something fatty late at night then sleep on it.

If I can get at it quick enough, drinking large amounts of water seems to be the most effective. I made the decision a few weeks ago after having the problem 3 days in a row, apparently its just an overnight stay these days with keyhole surgery so I will suffer it to get rid of the problem. The main irritation is the ever dwindling range of food I can eat without triggering it off.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

MichaelW

My older brother had gallstone problems for 10+ years, and finally had (Laparoscopic) surgery a few years ago to remove it. He was not good about limiting his fat intake, and a surprising (to me at least) complication in his surgery was that repeated severe inflammation of his gallbladder had caused it to somehow adhere to the surrounding organs. The surgeon succeeded only on the last attempt before they switched to a conventional procedure.

I'm planning on waiting until they develop a non-invasive treatment, hopefully one that will leave my bile system intact.
eschew obfuscation

Bill Cravener

Sorry to hear you two aging fellows are having bladder problems. I know that at the approaching age of 61 I'm up twice a night to take a leek. When I was younger I easily made it thru the night without getting up.

Steve is fortunate that his country's national health care covers his problems if he needs surgery. I hope you have health insurance Michael, can you imagine what it would cost you if you do not and the need suddenly arises that you need surgery? Here in the US you could lose everything you own just to pay back the bill for miner surgery.
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

FORTRANS

Quote from: Bill Cravener on December 29, 2011, 10:01:29 AM
[...] I'm up twice a night to take a leek.

Hi,

Onion addiction?  (Sorry, had to.)

Cheers,

Steve