News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Automatically maximize non-maximized windows.

Started by Bill Cravener, December 21, 2011, 11:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

Here's a small Masm32 utility I did up for a client (yep, for money :bg) that automatically maximizes a non-maximized application window to the full size of the desktops work area. The client I did this up for uses Windows 7 and like many folks using Win7 or Vista they dislike the way windows changes the title bar text color when maximized. This little utility resizes an applications window to the available desktop work area but keeps the non-maximized windows title bar text color. When you run the utility it sits in the system tray with the options to turn it off or exit.

Should work with all versions of Windows but its purpose is for Win7 or Vista.

http://www.quickersoft.com/examples/Maximizer.zip

Or it can be downloaded from my site link below.
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

sinsi

>they dislike the non-transparency of a maximized windows title bar when running in Aero Glass mode.
Huh? I get the same from normal or maximised, I can see the desktop behind the title bar.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

Bill Cravener

You know you are correct sinsi. I just thru my machine into Glass (I prefer Basic) its the title bar text color that a maximized window changes in Win7 when you maximize a window (if one is using a color other then black). Still though I obviously missunderstood the fellow (client) it does what its suppose to do, no? Regardless the money was green.

Edit: If I'm not misstaken it is Vista that loses it transparency when a window is maximized, I haven't had Vista for several months now and as I always ran in Basic mode I simply can't remember.
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat