News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Steve Jobs dead

Started by Rockphorr, October 06, 2011, 05:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregL

QuoteI have never owned any product from Apple, and I am not tempted, but nonetheless I guess we can all agree that he was a genius of the rare sort.
Rest in Peace, Steve Jobs.

Ditto for me.

QuoteVery sad about Steve Jobs but we seem to have forgotten about Steve Wosniak and that is its own kind of sadness.

I agree.

donkey

After a month of incessant commentary on Steve Jobs and how he's responsible for everything that is good in the world, I have to ask myself what ever happened to Bill Gates. Since stepping down from MS Gates has given away billions and is actively trying to make the world a better place instead of making a sexier cell phone. Gates is no longer working to amass a fortune, instead he is using that fortune for the benefit of those who have no voice - the impoverished people of the world. Give Jobs his due, he made some cool toys for us to play with and was a genius, but Gates is by far the real hero and like the greatest of heroes he does not seek fortune, fame or recognition for his work, he simply wants to make the world a better place.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Bill Cravener

Hi Edgar, :bg

I agree with you as to Gates and what he is doing with the rest of his life. Jobs a genus? Well perhaps in a marketing sort of way, yes. What did he ever create or invent? Like Billy it seems it was others that did the creating for both of those fellows. Thing is I don't think Jobs had a caring bone in his body other then for himself. Bill Gates wants his legacy seen as helping others and changing the world via philanthropy while Steve Jobs saw his ultimate legacy as building a great company.

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

gates is one of the wealthiest people in the world
in my opinion, he is doing the "minimum required" to not be seen as a total scrooge
the difference between gates and jobs is...
bill is still alive - steve isn't
bill has an opportunity to look good, or at least, better than he did
steve no longer has that capability

xanatose

Quote from: dedndave on November 05, 2011, 03:46:32 AM
gates is one of the wealthiest people in the world
in my opinion, he is doing the "minimum required" to not be seen as a total scrooge
the difference between gates and jobs is...
bill is still alive - steve isn't
bill has an opportunity to look good, or at least, better than he did
steve no longer has that capability

Another difference is that Jobs had the opportunity to do good both during its lifetime. And after its lifetime, by donating its money after death or creating a foundation, like Andrew Carnegie did on its time)\. Yet he choose not to do so.

He was a douche in life, he is a douche in death.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-02-23/tech/29962566_1_steve-jobs-mona-simpson-biological-parents/2

Specially like the way that, back in the day, he lied to Wozniak on how much money Atari was paying for each chip they could take away from the design. They agreed it to split it 50%. Yet the total was $5,000 and he told Wozniak that it was $700. So he was not only a douchebag, but also the worse kind of thief. The one that will steal from a friend.