Nice toy to ride in.

Started by hutch--, August 18, 2011, 05:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

Nice toy, would be fun to ride in.  :bg

Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Bill Cravener

Yes it would Steve if I was 21 years old again. At my age I'd belly-up for sure. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

Magnum

Yes Steve, that is a nice jet indeed.

With twin engines, it can probably outrun any other fighter.

Have a great day,
                         Andy

dedndave

it looks like they made the skin out of coors cans   :P

TmX

I think I'd prefer this one:

Probably not the fastest, but the gatling gun is almost impossible to resist :P

Magnum

That is one of my favorites too.

I would love to see a closeup of the 30 mm D.U. shell hitting a tank.  :bg
Have a great day,
                         Andy

MichaelW

I recall the A-10 "warthog" having a problem with the exhaust from the cannon stalling the engines if the pilot stayed down on the trigger too long :lol

I would rather see the effects with tungsten carbide penetrators. Tungsten carbide has a somewhat lower density than DU, but a much higher hardness and compressive strength.

eschew obfuscation

dedndave

yah - that was in early units
they fixed it by adding ignitors to the engines
which, i thought was kind of stupid
i think it would have been safer if they had simply ran exhaust pipes from the canon to the rear of the craft
or, at least, aft of the engine intakes

Magnum

The recoil force of the GAU-8/A[14] is 10,000 pounds-force (45 kN),[3] which is slightly more than the output of one of the A-10's two TF34 engines (9,065 lbf / 40.3 kN each).[15] While this recoil force is significant, in practice cannon fire only slows the aircraft a few miles per hour.[13]

On more properly military grounds, depleted uranium is favored for the penetrator because it is self-sharpening and pyrophoric.[26]

But with a half - life in the millions of years, tunsten carbide is more green.

Have a great day,
                         Andy

carlos

The warthog give me an idea for a competition,  grab a bunch of politicians, (congressmen, governors, ministers, presidents, you name it) release a fixed number of them (lets say 64) in a mountain surrounded valley (so they can't escape) jump on a fully armed warthog, and kill as many politicians as you can in *one hour*, after the hour passed, land the aircraft, and the referees count your bodies, if you kill your lot before the hour is spent, another 64 are released and you get bonus points.  Also you get bonus points for killing Hugo Chaves, George Bush, Tony Blair or Silvio Berlusconi.

This competition will help train civilians in air hunting, and help in get rid of a nasty vermin

What do you think?

Carlos

P. S.
Al the hunting will be with the Vulcan no bombs or misiles allowed
This message was made with 100% recycled bytes; No bits where harmed in the making of this message

Magnum

But who will clean up the left over toxic waste ?
Have a great day,
                         Andy

carlos

Quote from: Magnum on August 18, 2011, 08:33:14 PM
But who will clean up the left over toxic waste ?

You mean the uranium bullets or the politician's carcass?

how about the politician's aidees? they are used to deal with that kind of filth, so the uranium bullets are armless to them

Carlos
This message was made with 100% recycled bytes; No bits where harmed in the making of this message

hutch--

Here is the problem, a warthog can be taken out with a stinger style hand held missile, an f15e can fly so fast and so high the guys on the ground could not even see it. They may hear it after it has gone past.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Magnum

Even better is a cruise missile though they are expensive.

Have a great day,
                         Andy

carlos

Quote from: hutch-- on August 19, 2011, 01:53:02 AM
Here is the problem, a warthog can be taken out with a stinger style hand held missile,

Yes but the politicians won't have any weapons, only their though hides