News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Internet Cyber-Security Alert

Started by baltoro, July 05, 2011, 04:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baltoro

In the business section of today's Los Angeles Times is a disturbing article: Attacks on Websites Spark Demand For Cyber-Security Experts
We've all heard this kind of thing numerous times in the past,...but, it's just getting worse. ...Alot Worse,... :eek 
I'm wondering,...how bad will it get before the Internet is completely militarized ???
Baltoro

zemtex

What do you expect? Geniuses designed computers and idiots are using them. This statistic is not really unexpected, not at all.  :wink

Geniuses like Jay Miner and what happens next is that general public office rats, use computers to store information about us and control us with software they have no clue how works.
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.

baltoro

Incessant scanning of hosts by attackers looking for vulnerable servers has become a fact of Internet life.
Here is Homeland Security's list of reports: Hackers.
Here is an article written by Jonathan Masters: Confronting the Cyber Threat, May 2011, published by Foreign Affairs.
Baltoro

oex

The Pentagon has adopted a new strategy that will classify major cyber attacks as acts of war, paving the way for possible military retaliation; "If you shut down our power grid, maybe we will put a missile down one of your smokestacks," a U.S. military official said; the move to formalize the Pentagon's thinking was borne of the military's realization the United States has been slow to build up defenses against cyber attacks, even as civilian and military infrastructure has grown more dependent on the Internet; the military established a new command last year, headed by the director of the National Security Agency (NSA), to consolidate military network security and attack efforts

What is a smokestack? I dont think I have one :eek....

Digital ants protect critical infrastructure
As the U.S. electrical power grid becomes more interconnected through the Internet, the chances of cyber attacks increase as well; a Wake Forest University security expert developed "digital ants" to protect critical networks; unlike traditional security approaches, which are static, digital ants wander through computer networks looking for threats such as computer worms, self-replicating programs designed to steal information or facilitate unauthorized use of computers; when a digital ant detects a threat, it summons an army of ants to converge at that location, drawing the attention of human operators to investigate

Boring..... Why not "Ninja Digital Ants" or "Worm Busting Mega Ants".... Some people have no imagination....
We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv