News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

No thunking from 64-bit to 32-bit DLLs?

Started by jj2007, June 17, 2011, 02:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jj2007

Chen on Why can't you thunk between 32-bit and 64-bit Windows? - a bunch of half-baken arguments telling us that from now on everybody has to write 64-bit code.

The only post that really makes sense is this one:

QuoteThe one thing everybody here is forgetting is that by calibrating the kernel-mode succubus driver you can 32/64 thunk using force-based heuristics in a non-Euclidean addressing system whereby two 32-bit pointers are extrapolated using a numeric variant of Markov chains whose extrapolated segment register then matches the Rutger axiom for run-time logarithmic precalculation of directed acyclic graphs -- an approach that's been used (successfully) to address register latency issues in L2 cache.

dedndave

:eek

or, we can just stay with a 32-bit OS   :P

so far, i have seen nothing that attracts me to 64

jj2007

Quote from: dedndave on June 17, 2011, 02:20:59 PM
so far, i have seen nothing that attracts me to 64

Me neither, but MatLab 32 refuses to load a 1.5GB matrix, so I am reflecting on that ...
64-bit notebooks are available at around 350€, not a big deal. I am more worried about having to deal with those ugly 64-bit ABI issues.

qWord

Quote from: jj2007 on June 17, 2011, 02:25:00 PMMatLab 32 refuses to load a 1.5GB matrix
wow! - For what application such an matrix is needed?
FPU in a trice: SmplMath
It's that simple!

jj2007

Monte Carlo simulation with a large dataset, but I don't know the details either.

habran

Hello everyone,

All of you are smart enough to start 64 bit programming
don't be afraid of unknown, take it as a challenge
where is your enthusiasm, your thirst for knowledge, new horizons
32 byte will be very soon an obsolete like 16 bit went to oblivious
don't live in the past, turn to the future
roll the sleeves and get dirty!

best regards  :U