News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Find the rabbit

Started by zemtex, June 11, 2011, 01:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zemtex

In one of these boxes, there is a rabbit. This game is about finding the rabbit.

Post your answer. Consider the boxes as X,Y. X meaning horizontally and Y vertically.

X=1 Y=2 is a legal answer. Find the rabbit.

I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.

vanjast

That's all very well, but there's is no mention of a reference point, therefore we have many solutions to the same problem - heh heh!! :)
This is a braille test - right ?

dedndave

MichaelW

Would that be a one-pixel image of a rabbit?
eschew obfuscation

carlos

The rabbit is in the upper-left corner, next to the x =1 y=4 red square, anybody can see it !!!  :) :) :)
This message was made with 100% recycled bytes; No bits where harmed in the making of this message

dedndave

donkey

Considering that the origin is at the top left (0,0) the rabbit must be in x=3,y=0 (black square). It is the only square where the color can completely obscure the rabbit.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

MichaelW

If the color completely obscures the image of the rabbit, then it seems to me that there is no image of the rabbit there. The only possibilities that I can readily see for the image being somewhere in the 12-rectangle grid is that it's so faint that it's not visible, that it's hidden using some special characteristic of PNGs, or that it's been through several iterations of Sergiu's 100 to 1 compressor (if I could get the matching decompressor, I suppose I could repeatedly decompress each individual pixel and see if it expands to an image of a rabbit). After converting the PNG to a bitmap and examining a hex dump of the bitmap I see no indication of a faint image, but at 1,311,166 bytes it's somewhat hard to do a through examination.
eschew obfuscation

hutch--

I just loaded it into a graphics program and tweaked all of the normal adjustments and there is no other rabbit image apart from the top left one. The puzzle is based on semantics, not graphics.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

zemtex

I can't hold the answer back any longer. The rabbit is at x: -1 y: -1 Some of the boxes is simply white and one of them close to white, that is probably why some of you didnt think of it as part of the grid.

Or with cartesian: x: -1 y: +1
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.

oex

Quote from: MichaelW on June 12, 2011, 05:23:15 AM
or that it's been through several iterations of Sergiu's 100 to 1 compressor (if I could get the matching decompressor, I suppose I could repeatedly decompress each individual pixel and see if it expands to an image of a rabbit).

:lol
We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

vanjast

This osunds like a test only the HR department can devise... full of ambiguities. :)

sinsi

Since it is in the top left corner, the correct answer would be 0,0 surely? (with the grid being 5x4 and using graphics notation).
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

donkey

Quote from: zemtex on June 12, 2011, 05:57:16 AM
I can't hold the answer back any longer. The rabbit is at x: -1 y: -1 Some of the boxes is simply white and one of them close to white, that is probably why some of you didnt think of it as part of the grid.

Or with cartesian: x: -1 y: +1

They cannot be part of the grid, all boxes have a black border regardless of color. White boxes are OK but they must follow the same border rules as other colors or the puzzle is just random.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

dedndave

it's probably part of a "psych test", intended to identify the personality catagory of the individual taking the test   :lol
your answer is supposed to help determine whether you are a type A, B, or AB personality
there is no "correct" or "incorrect" answer
i think it's all hogwash   :P

the reality of it is.....
....i don't see a damn rabbit !!!!

he's too big to have a personality catagory   :bg

never did like "pigeon-hole psychology"