OK code in emulator, not working in command prompt

Started by hhhmasa, February 15, 2011, 10:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hhhmasa

hi. I wrote code in emu8086 and it is working when it goes through emulator. But when I try to start it in command prompt it bugs. When I try parts of programm in command prompt it is OK, but whole programm is in problem. I don't know how to fix this. I tried with DOSBox but it bugs even there. I opened MASM32 but I am beginner and I can't work in that (i tried to compile my code in that and it found some error I am not capable to fix, I am not understanding what is problem). My .exe file is about 20 KB. Thank you in advance.

jj2007

> My .exe file is about 20 KB

Do you seriously think we can help you based on this information? Post your complete code, and you may get help.

dedndave

it sounds like it is 16-bit code
in which case, the ML assembler will work, but LINK is a 32-bit linker
you need to use a 16-bit linker - LINK16

as for the bugs, we can't help you without seeing some code :red

below the reply window is an Advanced Options link that allows you to attach ZIP files

welcome to the forum   :U

MichaelW

How do you know that the code "bugs"? Are you getting any sort of error message?
eschew obfuscation

hhhmasa

I added " ax = 0030h / int 10h " (set the video mode to be text 80x25) and now it works better, but this is wrong: it should write "NAME.....300" and it goes "NAME.....300000000000000000000000000" (or if it is 399, 99999999999999999). and has some more bugs

Thank you for quick help, I will post my code tomorrow or in a 2 days. Do you need comments in code (I should translate it to english then)

It is 16bit code and compiled and exe made in emu8086 which uses "fasm" - flat assembler.

dedndave

that is mode 3 - not 30h
        mov     ax,3
        int     10h