News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Sizing a rich edit control???

Started by xandaz, December 31, 2010, 12:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xandaz

The thing is that ToolbarReserverdY ( i'm not sure this really matters ; there's a great chance that problem is something else ) is set upon WM_CREATE to (SM_CYÊDGE*2+ ButtonHeight)+2, and the WM_SIZE comes prior to that. The problem was that ToolbarReservedY was zeroed when WM_SIZE is processed but it's alright for WM_CREATE cause i tried to comment the WM_SIZE stuff .

jj2007

sinsi

Quote from: dedndave on December 31, 2010, 06:56:13 PMi read someplace that the HAL zeros unused memory pages when System Idle Process is running
The memory manager has a thread that zeroes memory, for security like steve said. Not sure if it is via hal though.

edit:I was sure I had seen it on theoldnewthing but searching msdn blogs is a fruitless exercise...
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

jj2007

Quote from: sinsi on January 01, 2011, 08:04:40 AM
I was sure I had seen it on theoldnewthing but searching msdn blogs is a fruitless exercise...

Don't give up so soon - Mark Russinovich:

QuoteThe system keeps unassigned physical pages on one of several page lists in the Page Frame Number (PFN) database, each maintained as FIFO list:

* free (available for allocation but has dirty data in it);
    * modified (previously belonging to a process but needing to be written to a backing store before it can be reused;
    * standby (still associated with a process but not included in the working set);
    * zero (zeroed out memory safe for allocation),
    * ROM (read-only memory)
    * bad (pages that failed internal consistency checks).

hutch--

case WM_SIZE
        invoke MoveWindow,hStatus,0,0,0,0,TRUE

push esi
        invoke GetClientRect,hWin,ADDR rct
        mov esi, rct.bottom
        sub esi, rbht

invoke GetClientRect,hStatus,ADDR rct

sub esi, rct.bottom

invoke MoveWindow,hEdit,0,rbht,rct.right,esi,TRUE

pop esi
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum