News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Is Death the End?

Started by Bill Cravener, November 05, 2010, 12:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

Seems all the folks I grew up admiring, my folks, aunts and uncles, the many adults I had the privilege to know whom I greatly respected as I grew up are dead. Or are they? Well anyway, the fact is, in my reality I'll not ever see them again.

Quote. . .experiments increasingly cast doubt on the existence of time as we know it.

Is Death the End? Experiments Suggest You Create Time.

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

hutch--

Interesting concept Bill, time as we experience it is something like the observation of change with some things appearing to be regular (the clock) and some things not (the weather). Linearity of time comes unstuck with massive distances and speeds (Einstein's relativity) so at least some of our commonly held beliefs may be a little off the mark as well.

Funny enough I remember almost everyone I have ever known as they were when they were alive, this may be how people live on after they have physically gone.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

theunknownguy

Actually latest time / space theorys descrive time itself has an "self entity" and not in a "linear" way, more over like something wich is "present" and can generate its own "space time" in different reallitys.

Something like; your aunts and uncles are actually living young right now, in what is consider the "past" for you, but for them its the "present" and the same happens for the folks in the so called "future" for you.

Also in this theory, "future" can modify the present and present can modify the past. This is proven by a paradox of the "time viewer", when if you could see what will happen in future you can actually change a specific action in the present, wich will prove that future is involved in present and present is involved in past, everything has a "self entity".

So in resume you can enjoy your life knowing those who are "dead" are actually living their own time and reallity  :lol (Including yourself)

http://www.iep.utm.edu/time/

PS: They should call this the "multi thread theory"  :lol

Bill Cravener

Hi Steve,

Thought Dr. Lanza's theory was an interesting read. It's a funny thing, you grew up giving little thought about your own mortality but as you age and see those about you passing on you begin giving more conscious thought to your own demise.

I read somewhere that it's believed consciousness does not perceive the universe as it actually is but as the physical brain computes it most probably is. It's all so very strange, we exist in nothing more then a soup of subatomic particles.

Einstein said ". . .know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion." According to his theory of relativity time can start slowing down at very high speeds or can stand still at the speed of light, but it can never vanish. I like to believe our inner-self never does either. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

several years ago, i was searching patents online
i ran across one patent application where they had sent a bit of information a few picoseconds into the past   :bg
as i recall, it involved using intense light, in motion

as per modern quantum physics theory, all possible cases do exist
the case that is observed is "selected" only when the observation is made

i guess that means that wearing rose-colored glasses might actually be beneficial - lol
not that you'll see me wearing a pair any time, soon   :P

Elton - unrecognized as a modern quantum physicist

theunknownguy

oex

We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

Bill Cravener

I have never in my life had to be anesthetized. I did not know that it is nothing like sleep. When you're put under there is no pain, no sense of time, no dreaming, nothing. Everything within the brain shuts down except for vital organ functions. Unlike being anesthetized if I were sleeping and you poked me I would react. When I dream during sleep, though it appears somewhat distorted, I do have an odd sense of time as the events of my dream change.

It's fascinating what they are discovering and theorizing as to the connections between the mind (consciousness) and the brain (physical). Perhaps our consciousness exists in this very strange quantum universe we live in and unlike our physical-self our quantum-self never dies. Could be it just simply reboots. :bg

A Key To Understanding Consciousness
My MASM32 Examples.

Bill Cravener

My MASM32 Examples.

Bill Cravener

My MASM32 Examples.

Bill Cravener

Neurons and clusters of galaxies weirdly similar.

Beautifully done video link. - The Known Universe by AMNH

My MASM32 Examples.

Bill Cravener

From the minuscule to the gargantuan it's all so fascinating! And I love viewing it in high def. If you set the YouTube video to 720p HD full screen you'll be amazed!

Cool video (2.5 minutes long): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEheh1BH34Q

And the earth be cleansed (5 minutes long): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zvCUmeoHpw

Remember set the player to 720p full screen and enjoy, wow!!

My MASM32 Examples.

Magnum

Purpose
Have a great day,
                         Andy