News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

PictureBox in ASM?

Started by Samishii23, September 23, 2010, 04:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samishii23

As the subject states. I was wondering if there is a way to make something similar to the PictureBox control in .NET in ASM.
I looked through MSDN's resource list, seen the Icon control and Bitmap control. But wasn't sure if the Bitmap control can accept a JPG / PNG format.
And is that Control hideable / dynamically changeable during run time?

Thanks, -Tony-

donkey

A picture box is simply a static control with the style SS_BITMAP. To support other image formats you have to convert them to BITMAP, the IPicture interface or GDI+ will do the conversion for you.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Samishii23

What static control though? The BITMAP control?
And is it Runtime editable?

donkey

Quote from: Samishii23 on September 23, 2010, 05:28:49 PM
What static control though? The BITMAP control?
And is it Runtime editable?

Static controls are one of the base windows controls. Yes they are runtime editable, if I understand your meaning correctly. You can alter their dimensions, visibility, and content programatically. As well, through subclassing and superclassing you can have the user interact with them directly though by default they do not take input.

CreateWindowEx (Windows controls)
Subclassing/Superclassing windows

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable