MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

The United States of America where. . .

Started by Bill Cravener, September 17, 2010, 02:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedndave

yah - i think he's pulling your leg   :P
in the "what you do for fun" thread, he says he beats people up
i have had occasion to get a little enjoyment out of tossing drunks out on their ears, but it isn't what i'd call a hobby - lol

Bill Cravener

Only in America can so many go without preventative health care.

Quote from: Bill Cravener on September 17, 2010, 02:56:15 PM
The middle class is dead.

Unemployment is at 9.6 9 percent.

1 of every 7 Americans now lives in poverty.

1 out of every 3 Americans has high blood pressure.

1 in 3 Americans will have Type 2 diabetes by 2050.

Over 50 59 million Americans have no health care.

Illegal drug use is up to record levels.

Corporate greed controls the government.

Religious fanatics are everywhere.

Guns kill people one innocent bystander at a time.

Other then the above troubles, it's a great place to live. . . :bg

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6A905U20101110
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

clive

Quote from: Bill Cravener on November 11, 2010, 09:30:14 AM
Only in America can so many go without preventative health care.

As a percentage, or physical numbers? Good health care, or subsistence level. I suspect India, China, and those in Africa, might beg to disagree.

QuoteOver 50 59 million Americans have no health care.

Have no health insurance, per the article. But like car insurance, insurance typically isn't a model for supporting regular maintenance costs, it is a lottery/gaming model to pay out big for a few, at the expense of the many. Health care isn't "free" anywhere. I don't need insurance to fix my car, I am mandated to buy it, will mandating the purchase of health insurance help those who can't or won't pay for it now?

QuoteIllegal drug use is up to record levels.

Should we legalize some of them? That'd fix the accounting problem. Or should we aggressively enforce drug and border issues. Should people be able to phuk up their own lives, or should we be incarcerating large numbers of people with ridiculous sentencing laws. I'd say stop attacking the problem at the individual level, and attack it at the business, money, supply chain and transportation level. Locking people up is not the solution, eliminating the sources/supply, and taking the money would be a good start. Providing communities with meaningful jobs, quality education, would help break this destructive cycle.
It could be a random act of randomness. Those happen a lot as well.

dedndave

i do think we spend too much time and money chasing marijuana smokers - lol
the DEA, as well as local law enforcement departments, are armed to the teeth
in many cases, they are better equipped than the poor guys we send to Iraq
and - they will bring the full brunt of it down on some guy smoking a hooter in the alley

on the flip-side, i don't want any more speed-freaks/crack-heads running around than we already have