MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

How can i bind my application to comctl32.dll xD

Started by digelo, February 27, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digelo

sorry i use a new post for asking this.

Quote from: redskull
use a 'manifest' file to bound your application to the XP or Vista version of comctl32.dll (version 6.0, maybe 7.0).  This will, more or less, automatically update your forms from the old-school style to the new XP-style visual themes.

how can i do this xD?

hutch--

digelo,

Ther are a couple of ways of doing this, first you must write an XML format manifest file then you can either put it in the same directory as the EXE or you can link it into the resource section.

Here is a simple XML file that you can do either with.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
<description>Your App Name</description>
<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity
type="win32"
name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
version="6.0.0.0"
processorArchitecture="X86"
publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
language="*"
/>
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
</assembly>

Change the line "<description>Your App Name</description>" so it has your exe name in it and then either link it into the resource section OR name it like this.

If your exe is "MyApp.exe", you name the XML file "MyApp.exe.manifest".
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

redskull

Also, the newer versions of LINK.EXE have a manifest swtich, which can help to automate the creation.  Something like this will do all the dirty work at once:

..\bin\link.exe myapp.obj /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS "/manifestdependency:type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='X86' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'"

-r
Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government

redskull

Quote from: redskull on February 27, 2010, 01:55:52 PM
Also, the newer versions of LINK.EXE have a manifest swtich, which can help to automate the creation.  Something like this will do all the dirty work at once:

..\bin\link.exe myapp.obj /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS "/manifestdependency:type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='X86' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'"

Either way accomplishes the same thing

-r
Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government

thomas_remkus

Used the search function on the forum. Found this. Thanks for the solution.