News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

WMake closes the cmd window on errors

Started by Sergiu FUNIERU, February 24, 2010, 01:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergiu FUNIERU

If questions about WMake are not appropriate here, please tell me.

I open a cmd window and I rund WMake. If there are errors, the cmd window is closed automatically. Is there any way to prevent this?

I suppose that WMake sends a exit code different than 0 and that closes the cmd window.

BlackVortex

Sergiu FUNIERU

BlackVortex

You could just do a "cmd /?" as with almost all console commands   :bg

Sergiu FUNIERU

Quote from: BlackVortex on February 24, 2010, 02:21:04 PMYou could just do a "cmd /?" as with almost all console commands   :bg
Something is wrong with me. You got me twice in 20 minutes  :bg

Running cmd with /?, inside cmd, is like asking myself "What else do you know to do?" and expecting to find out something new. Yet, for cmd it works.

I clearly underestimated cmd and I don't understand why.

dedndave

don't over-estimate cmd, either
it has little bugs with regard to copy/paste that are difficult/impractical to work around
it does what it needs to do, but it is far from perfect

Sergiu FUNIERU

Quote from: dedndave on February 24, 2010, 03:05:57 PM
don't over-estimate cmd, either
it has little bugs with regard to copy/paste that are difficult/impractical to work around
it does what it needs to do, but it is far from perfect
You're right. I can do a lot of useful things with cmd.

I believe that when I saw a blank window, with no menus, I thought : That's all? This didn't happen today, but years ago.

I used cmd for a lot of things, since then, but it never occurred to me that the interpreter could accept parameters. Thanks to BlackVortex, cmd and I are better friends now.

GregL

Sergiu,

Just in case you weren't aware of it, you can right-click on the title bar for cmd.exe, and get to a lot settings that way too.