masmforum WebSite

Haiti. . .

Started by Bill Cravener, January 13, 2010, 03:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

Quote from: vanjast on January 18, 2010, 08:32:43 PM
Frankly they're lucky to get any help at all, from people who care. :eek

Well it is quite obvious you do not!

Michael Tomasky says it best in the guardian link above; "Conservatives have a darker view of human nature and see things more in good-versus-evil terms. Liberals are obviously not unconcerned about the possibility of holes being blown in the sides of airplanes, but they (okay, we) don't tend to think in those categories."

You'd fit right in with the conservative view of things vanjast, that is, if you were an American citizen.
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

japheth

Quote from: Bill Cravener on January 19, 2010, 12:16:28 PM
Quote from: vanjast on January 18, 2010, 08:32:43 PM
Frankly they're lucky to get any help at all, from people who care. :eek

Well it is quite obvious you do not!

If it is "quite obvious", then why can't I see it?

Michael Tomasky says it best in the guardian link above; "Conservatives have a darker view of human nature and see things more in good-versus-evil terms.

But ... IMO this is exactly what you're doing in this thread: suggesting that all people who have an opinion which differs slightly from yours are on the "evil" side ("careless", "drunk", "crazy", ...), while your side then - inevitably - is the remaining good one.

Bill Cravener

Quote from: japheth on January 19, 2010, 12:52:34 PM
But ... IMO this is exactly what you're doing in this thread: suggesting that all people who have an opinion which differs slightly from yours are on the "evil" side ("careless", "drunk", "crazy", ...), while your side then - inevitably - is the remaining good one.

Bingo !!
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

oex

Ideologies scar the soul of man and blind him to the truth
We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

Bill Cravener

We are in a new civil war here in American. What I see coming from the right is simmering hate, thoughts of revenge and terrible bitterness. Conservatives don't give a damn about this country's future and its place within the rest of the world. They see themselves as poor victims of their own fears, weaknesses and prejudices. It's what separates losers from winners, you know, that feeling of being a victim. It's contagious and it is manifesting itself in more and more beguiling ways.
My MASM32 Examples.

Ficko

I think the main problem is that we are writing 2010 and still no such thing as ,,planetary disaster plan" or simile exist and no international organization is entrusted with full responsibility to act unquestionable in such situations.
What we get is a disastrous respond in a disastrous situation.

That's how I would do it.:

1. Establish an international fund for disaster relieves overseen by the international community and make sure it is well supplied with money before any disaster happens.
2. Establish an international command authority which would keep track of resources around the world with the full authority of coordinated mobilization.
It should have his own well equipped medium size storage facility as first respond resource as well.

By a disaster I would not leave the "victims" out of the game.
You make "victims" by telling them and treat them as a victim.
If someone survives a catastrophe without too big injuries he isn't a "victim" he is a lucky man.
He becomes a victim by the time others come in and patting him on the head and starting sympathizing with him leaving him alone with his sorrow and thoughts.

The best thing to do is to "recruit" them immediately for the cause.
Establish immediately a "battalion" where they have to master up get orders and food may even money for the work they are doing.
Give them some equipment and assign them work like help by rescue, collect bodies, distribute aid, clean the street whatever is needed.

By this you not only get almost immediately inexhaustible work force but you also keep would be looters busy, increasing the moral of the society in general and keeping individuals in a mentally stable condition.

And after the dust settled they will be a proud tight community going on maintaining high level of moral and not feeling degraded like a bum or a panhandler and wanting to stay and depend on international help forever.

Farabi

At least no one hunger there, because it will lead to crime. How to do that?
Those who had universe knowledges can control the world by a micro processor.
http://www.wix.com/farabio/firstpage

"Etos siperi elegi"

Bill Cravener

They had a second quake this morning a 6.0 magnitude. I'm afraid its not over yet. There will be more shaking to come.
My MASM32 Examples.

oex

It is terrible that Haiti is in such need of help from the outside world, there is a story running at the moment about a load of children that were 'kidnaped' from their villages and because the US is spearheading the relief effort it is very hard for the Haitian authorities to take action against them
We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

Bill Cravener

Yep, ten members of a U.S. missionary group (in other words, Baptist looney tunes) who said they were trying to rescue 33 child victims. Bullshit, lock them wackos up and throw away the key.
My MASM32 Examples.

rags

Bill why do you consider them looney toons because they may be Baptists?
Would they still be looney toons if they were athiests?

I'm not defending their actions.
It was most definately wrong for not going through the proper proceedures for wanting to do
what they did.

The only ones in Haiti who should be locked up with the key thrown away,
are every member of its government including the president for squandering every penny of aid it has received over the
years, and forcing its people to live in abject poverty.
God made Man, but the monkey applied the glue -DEVO

hutch--

I am a bit both ways on the attempted evacuation by the missionaries. If the choice was to leave them there to starve to death or contract diseases due to the damage then I would suggest that their action is preferrable to the alternative.

I probably agree with Mike that their Government is negligent but I doubt that dsistinguishes them from most governments around the world when it come to funding, New Orleans is a good example of spending taxpayers money waging war but not looking after Americans in their time of need and this is by no means unique at a world level.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Bill Cravener

Quote from: rags on February 05, 2010, 01:37:08 AM
Bill why do you consider them looney toons because they may be Baptists?

It's been reported repeatedly that a good number of these kids have parents and are not orphans and that those lying baptists knew they were not orphans because they met with the parents and showed them bullshit brochures promising a life of wealth and luxury.

Families of some of these poor kids reportedly showed aid workers brochures provided by the baptist nut group promising a better life including "swimming pools and tennis courts", and that they were lured into an unmarked vehicle by telling the children that their parents had arranged for them to go on a "vacation trip".

They are baptist looney toons the great believers of inerrancy and creationism. :tdown

Does that answer your question rags?
My MASM32 Examples.

hutch--

hmmmm,

Thats another flavour altogether, sounds like back door child trafficking with an ideological angle to it. I actively oppose seperating children from their parents for any reason apart from neglect or abuse.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Bill Cravener

Steve,

Laura Silsby the leader of that looney toon baptist bunch has a long history of flouting the law.

Hope you can pull up the link below from her home state of Idaho. If not just do a search for "baptist Laura Silsby".

http://www.idahostatesman.com/localnews/story/1067267.html
My MASM32 Examples.