MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

tab controls

Started by Slugsnack, January 03, 2010, 02:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twister

No, no, it's to Slugsnack.

That layout is sexy! Yeah, my applications usually turn out to look like VB6 applications. :wink

Slugsnack

clearly in this example, it doesn't demonstrate particularly good knowledge of HCI but microsoft does have some cool articles on it if you are interested :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511279(v=MSDN.10).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511331.aspx

actually those are pretty amusing reads sometimes. the irony that some of the information contained there now is a hypocrisy of what windows used to be 10 years ago :P

QuoteDon't use the following words:
  Error, failure (use problem instead)
  Failed to (use unable to instead)
  Illegal, invalid, bad (use incorrect or not valid instead)
  Abort, kill, terminate (use stop instead)
  Catastrophic, fatal (use serious instead)
These terms are unnecessary and contrary to the encouraging tone of Windows. Instead, an error icon, when used correctly, sufficiently communicates that there is a problem.

these 2 links might also prove to be of some use :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb773169(v=VS.85).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511482(v=MSDN.10).aspx

RuiLoureiro

Hello Slugsnack,
                        I tryed your tab but it doesnt show the windows as you show
                        It shows like a xp window (the X on the Top ...)!

Slugsnack

sorry i'm not understanding what you're trying to say :/

RuiLoureiro

Quote from: Slugsnack on September 21, 2010, 07:51:27 PM
sorry i'm not understanding what you're trying to say :/
Using your tab.asm, i dont get the same image as you show here.

Slugsnack

how did you assemble and link it all ? you included the .rc file, right ?

RuiLoureiro

Quote from: Slugsnack on September 21, 2010, 08:46:48 PM
how did you assemble and link it all ? you included the .rc file, right ?
Yes, i included it right. But even if i use your tab.exe the image is like a normal window XP  as usual not that image you show

jj2007

Same for me. Looks like Win 3.1 ;-)

xandaz

About the visual styles.... i made this toolbar which is a child of a rebar and i used the manifest. The buttons appear with vista style but the background of the toolbar doesn't. It's just grey. Does anyone know why? where do i get that particular background bitmap?
   Bye.

Twister

Microsoft window visual styles confuse the hell outta me.

I wish they would make it more accessable and less hidden. ::)

jj2007

Nice link :bdg

QuoteThe controls that appear in Microsoft® Windows® XP have a new, futuristic look.

A more robust and reliable solution to the problem we address above would be to check both the version of the operating system and for the presence of an application manifest file in the same directory as the executable file, then dynamically change the FlatStyle property to System.

Microsoft at its best :boohoo:

xandaz

Anyone care to reply my last post? bye and thanks

PBrennick

Quotewhere do i get that particular background bitmap?

hmmm, No bitmap is used. Get the DC of the control and Paint it.

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

Tedd

Quote from: xandaz on September 21, 2010, 09:31:08 PM
   About the visual styles.... i made this toolbar which is a child of a rebar and i used the manifest. The buttons appear with vista style but the background of the toolbar doesn't. It's just grey. Does anyone know why? where do i get that particular background bitmap?
   Bye.

This should be a separate question, not buried inside another thread - then someone might notice it :P
Anyway, my first guess would be to add TBSTYLE_FLAT to the style when you create the toolbar (though it should be set by default with visual styles, so you may be setting another conflicting style?)
Otherwise, it may be that the toolbar is taking the rebar background (which is flat grey) and using that, even if the rebar then paints its own pretty background.
No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible.