Is it possible to install EasyCode in Vista 64?

Started by AlabamaRoy, October 25, 2009, 12:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlabamaRoy

:'( I'm having no luck installing Easy Code in Vista. The installer just hangs trying to copy a font file to Windows\fonts
and doesn't install everything. The .zip file, according to Vista, is empty. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Ramon Sala

Hi AlabamaRoy,

I just have the 32-bit Vista but, as fas as I know, it should work on the 64-bit version (a pair of users having 64-bit VISTA run Easy Code with no problem). If you use the install program make sure you have Administrator rights. If you are using the zip file, you can be sure it is not empty, so it should work fine. Unfortunately, that's all that I can say for now.

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

AlabamaRoy

Quote from: Ramon Sala on October 25, 2009, 01:28:42 PM
Hi AlabamaRoy,

I just have the 32-bit Vista but, as fas as I know, it should work on the 64-bit version (a pair of users having 64-bit VISTA run Easy Code with no problem). If you use the install program make sure you have Administrator rights. If you are using the zip file, you can be sure it is not empty, so it should work fine. Unfortunately, that's all that I can say for now.

Ramon

It's nice to have the personal attention of the guy who wrote the program! But I'm sorry: even when run as administrator, the install program hangs trying to copy a file ("LDisplay.ttf", I believe) to C:\Windows\Fonts. It's a shame, because it seems to be a great program!

Ramon Sala

Okay, I'm sorry but I cannot have access to 64-bit Vista for now, so please give me a couple of days and I will prepare a new installer for you (not trying to copy and install the font file). Meanwhile, why don't you make some testing with the zip file? You can be sure it is not empty. Here are the links:

http://easycode.cat/English/Download/EasyCodeGoAsm1020007EngCustom.zip (GoAsm)
http://easycode.cat/English/Download/EasyCodeMasm1020007EngCustom.zip (Masm)

On the other hand, could you tell me whether you can copy a font file manually to the C:\Windows\Fonts folder?

Thanks,

Ramon

Greetings from Catalonia

BlackVortex

Arrgh, I thought it was news about runtime conditionals  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

This thread has nothing to do with GoAsm, it should be in the IDE section :
http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?board=10.0
In the EasyCode section.

Logman

I installed EasyCode on all three of my computers, which have 64-bit Vista installed. Two of the computers are laptops: an Acer and Sager. The desktop is a Velocity Micro gaming computer with a quad-core Intel processor.

I've had no issues with EasyCode or GoAsm on any of the 64-bit Vista systems related to the OS. I did encounter a problem with Avast antivirus reporting EasyCode to be virus infected. I have since switched to Norton anti-virus and all has been working well since.

One thing I did when I first installed EasyCode/GoAsm, and I don't know if it makes a difference, but at work I installed EasyCode on my work PC in the C: drive instead of the programs folder. I do not have the administrative rights to install programs in the programs folder. Since I wanted all my projects to assemble using the same paths, I installed EasyCode/GoAsm in the C: root directory, not under the programs or programs32 folder on all my home computers.

Logman
If you read the fine print, you'll get an education. If you don't, you'll get experience!

Ramon Sala

Hi Logman,

Thank you very much for all this worthy information. Also, thanks for using Easy Code.

Regards,

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

AlabamaRoy

Quote from: BlackVortex on October 26, 2009, 03:09:19 AM
Arrgh, I thought it was news about runtime conditionals  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

This thread has nothing to do with GoAsm, it should be in the IDE section :
http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?board=10.0
In the EasyCode section.

:(Duh, sorry. I didn't know there was an IDE section. I will march to the nearest massage parlor and demand a good, hard spanking for my transgression. (Actually, I was going to do that anyway, just for fun....)

Logman

Another note on EasyCode installation for those of you wondering if it will work on Windows 7.

I've successfully installed EasyCode/GoAsm on my 64-bit Windows 7 laptop and desktop. It seems to be working like a charm--no problems so far. :P

Logman
If you read the fine print, you'll get an education. If you don't, you'll get experience!

Ramon Sala

Thanks Logman!

I've also successfully installed Easy Code/GoAsm and Easy Code/Masm on my 32-bit Windows 7 (Home Premium).

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia