MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Progress bar Marquee style

Started by czDrillard, December 23, 2004, 01:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

czDrillard

Hello everybody,

I'm having problems with setting marquee style progress bar.

invoke CreateWindowEx,NULL,ADDR ProgressClass,NULL,\
                                    WS_CHILD+WS_VISIBLE+PBS_MARQUEE,401,2,399,ecx,\
                                    hWndStatus,IDC_PROGRESS,hInstance,NULL

mov hwndProgress,eax
                invoke SendMessage,hwndProgress,PBM_SETMARQUEE,TRUE,100

I set PBS_MARQUEE equ 08h and PBM_SETMARQUEE equ WM_USER+410h in the inc file

The progress bar is displayed but the shaded area stays at the right and doesn't move.  Can't figure out what it needs.  Any ideas or suggstions would be much appreciated.

best regards,

czDrillard

donkey

Have you included a common controls version 6 manifest with your application ? It is required for the PBS_MARQUEE style to be enabled.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

czDrillard

Hello Donkey and merry christmas or whatever may be the name of your celebration :lol

Yes, I included a manifest and all buttons etc. reflect the windows xp theme.  I was using an actual progress bar with a timer for updating but this is not strickly speaking progress, but rather an activity, so I thought the marquee style more appropriate.  However the marquee remains stuck on the left side of the progress bar.  Do I need to set a timer with this type of control?

best regards,

czDrillard

donkey

Hi czDrillard,

Don't really observe any holidays except the non-religious ones like Remembrance day, New Years and Thanksgiving, so I have not even taken time off work for Christmas. But for those who do, Merry Christmas 

I cant really help with CC6 controls as I generally just write my own when I need something special, I don't have XP to test on (except a very slow virtual machine not really suitable to intensive GUI) so I can't even try out the things.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable