MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Pelles C 3.00 available

Started by PellesC, March 28, 2005, 03:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PellesC

Thanks, Hutch!

English, German, Dutch, Swedish (for example) are part of the same "language group", I think, so it should be possible to find some common ground.
As always, I guess it's in the details...  :bg

Pelle

Vortex

Pelle, many thanks for all your nice tools :U

Clueless

Pelle,
tack en miljon

The Swedish installation downloads and installs fine but the English version is corrupted.  It only downloads ~200k, something is wrong.  So for English, I downloaded bin.zip which is fine.  Thought you might want to know you have a problem.

BTW:  I am Dansk, living as third generation in US.  I speak many languages and learned Swedish for my wife, she is a Skorny (Spelling?).  Her ancesters, as I am sure you know, roamed across all of northern Scandinavia.  Wow, you should see her family's traditional costume that she wears to the Scandinavian festivals.

Also, she says...
tak vor morten, probably a dialect?  Or is this Latvian?

Gene

PellesC

Quote from: Clueless on June 09, 2005, 04:04:24 PM
The Swedish installation downloads and installs fine but the English version is corrupted.  It only downloads ~200k, something is wrong.  So for English, I downloaded bin.zip which is fine.  Thought you might want to know you have a problem.
Strange. I just downloaded (and run) the English setup. It works fine here...

Quote from: Clueless on June 09, 2005, 04:04:24 PM
Also, she says...
tak vor morten, probably a dialect?  Or is this Latvian?
Not sure - it sort of makes sense, but not completely...

Pelle

Clueless

Hi Pelle,
You probably are downloading from your own domain so it is not a good test.  Since I can get 2 out of 3 and the failed one fails consistently; something is wrong.  It starts slow like it is going to DL a large file and then after getting ~200k it zooms to the end and that is all.

Anyway, I managed to get what I need so thanks a milllion as I said earlier.  A question, are you willing to put the English setup into a zip? I know the Swedish setup works fine without needing to do that, but I would like to try that.  It is unusual to send files that are not zipped.

Gene

Mark Jones

Gene, do you mean http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/300/setupeng.exe ?

It downloads fine for me. Perhaps try dropping to a console prompt and typing "tracert 212.97.one three two.106" (de-munge the IP of course.)
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

Clueless

Mark,
Maybe you did not read what I wrote all the way.  I have no trouble making a route to his server and of the 3 files I downloaded 2 downloaded fine.  The Swedish version which is over 6meg and the bin.zip which is over 3meg.  This demonstrates to me that I am not having a problem downloading from his server except for that one file.  If I had a route problem, I would not be able to get any files.

Thank you very much for trying to help.  I tried your tracert just to be nice and it is a very long route through many servers but it gets there.  Do you have any other ideas?

I will turn off my firewall and McAfee protection to see if it is a factor... I really doubt it though because the Swedish download is also an exe file.

Gene

Clueless

Well, for whatever reason, it is working now.  I have not rebooted my computer and it failed about 7 or 8 times today.  I just downloaded it 3 times with no problems so I think they fixed something.

Gene

Mark Jones

Hmm. When I used dial-up, that would happen all the time. I think it was a stalled packet or data frame in my case. (Or old AT&T hardware?) It would usually happen at the end of large files. Exceedingly annoying. If problems like that continue, perhaps try GetRight or FlashGet - they have download resume capability. That worked great for me, as long as the host supports resume (most do.) If a transfer stalls, a new connection is opened and resumed at the last point.

Or it could be something obscure such as flakey ISP/subnet router (should never see a "time out" message in tracert) or some garbled TCP/IP parameters. Try one of these calculators and see if that helps. Might boost your connection throughput and decrease latency also.
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

Clueless

Mark,
That would be great stuff if I needed it.  My download speed from his server is ~190kb/sec.  I doubt they can speed that up.

Anyway, it seems to work fine now.  And I think I will stop tying up this thread.  It is an important one.  Pelle, ledsen.
Gene