News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Example code

Started by donkey, April 14, 2009, 12:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

I have updated the example code on my website to be compatible with the header files. The examples were written for the old Windows.inc and in some cases the naming conventions were wrong, matching the ones in MASM32, I have redone all of the examples except the IContextMenu example which did not require external files.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

UtillMasm

reporting...

Not Found
The requested URL /donkey/files/TestListView.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Not Found
The requested URL /donkey/files/DataIcon.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

donkey

Sorry about that, I updated the files but somehow forgot to upload the new page. It's fixed now.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

The LVDesktop9xNT example seems to be causing a few false positives on some AV software. I usually include the executable with the examples but in the case of LVDesktop9xNT I have removed it so the scanner won't go off after a download. Since you can read the source yourself and there is neither a RES or OBJ file included you can determine for yourself that it is malware free. Normally I would spend the time tracking down the offending code segment but in this case since the example involves interprocess communication and memory buffering I felt it might be a fruitless effort.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

UtillMasm

it's no problem for me.
because i don't have any AV software. :bg

donkey

Someone asked how to have text display on a bitmap button (well actually it is for an icon button but the difference is minimal) so I have uploaded an old example (rewritten for the headers) that I wrote to demonstrate a way to accomplish it. The BmpBtnText example is on the GoAsm projects page.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

I have added a drive properties example, it shows how to use DeviceIoControl to extract information from a hard drive.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

UtillMasm

donkey

I have been going through a lot of my archives to find any useful snippets and example code I can modify and upload. Over the next little while I will be fixing some of the more interesting ones up and adding them to the GoAsm projects page on my web site. For today I have added EnumCodecs which will enumerate and display information on installed codecs using the acm API.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

I've added a little utility (PE Directories) that I wrote and don't think I have ever posted here. It lists the imports and exports of an executable file (EXE or DLL). I use it occasionally to check dependencies, it only works with 32 bit PE files. It has been updated for the new headers, since it was pretty much written for myself it doesn't really have any commenting but is fairly easy to follow.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

UtillMasm

very cute.

like just for me to learn GoASM. :wink

donkey

Uploaded a simple registry browser to the example code, it uses the registry functions to display in a manner similar to regedit.exe

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

I have uploaded my JetStream utility to the GoAsm examples on my website, it is a small tool that allows you to examine the structure of a JET database. There are no changes from the version posted in the original thread in this forum except to allow for the new switches in the headers as well as the new data types.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

dedndave

Thanks Edgar - this will help a lot

UtillMasm

also new! :U

AES encryption algorithm (Rijndael)

The Rijndael encryption algorithm was selected as the AES standard algorithm for data encryption. This GoAsm implementation is a translation of the code by Joan Daemen. It includes switch selectable key size and either dynamic or static tables.

aes.zip