RadASM 2.2.1.6 Released (2009-04-09)

Started by KetilO, April 09, 2009, 09:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KetilO

Whats new in 2.2.1.6:
-------------------------
o Added resource type RT_HTML
o Code lines now has a yellow indicator for unsaved chanees, green for saved changes.
o Better code complete support for C/C++ (locals (Ctrl+Shift+Space) and casted structures).
0 Added protection against malicious project files (.rap). A dialog shows the command that will be
  executed. It is up to you to accept the command or not. There is also a 'Don't ask again' option.
  Even with this added protection you should always open a project file from a non trusted source
  in text edit mode (File / Open File) and verify that it not executes any suspicious commands.
o Fixed RadASM Project File (.rap) Stack-Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability.
o Fixed bug with environment variable that caused crash on win 2000.

Get it here:
http://radasm.110mb.com/

KetilO

Mark Jones

Hi KetilO, just a note that ComodoAV is flagging the new ReallyRad.dll as "Unclassified Malware@8404753."

https://www.virustotal.com/analisis/942d00c72697d0b83a04d9fc9d3e3f2e

Ironically, only AVG was flagging this file before. Who would have ever thought that legitimate programmers would have to battle AV companies to prove that their code is legitimate? ::)
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

Biterider

Hi KetilO
I want to report a small rendering glitch. THe samll black rectangle around the plus sign is not always rendered correctly as seen in the attached picture. I noticed this bug some time ago. It is not related to this last release.

Regards

Biterider

[attachment deleted by admin]

BlackVortex

Looks fine here   :green

EDIT: I read your posts again, seems you mean that sometimes it's glitched, not always.

Biterider

You are right, the problem is not always shown. It seems to be related to the screen resolution or the font size.
Running the same RA version on 2 different PCs, on the first I never see the glitch, while on the other it appears frequently.

Biterider

Ghirai

Thanks for the release :U
I also updated my mirror.
MASM32 Project/RadASM mirror - http://ghirai.com/hutch/mmi.html

KetilO

Hi Mark Jones

Yes, this is unfortunate. Some hauristic scanners are a bit eager.
Is there a way to tell your AV that this is not a virus?

KetilO

KetilO

Hi Biterider

It seem to be related to the font beeing too small. Try to make it bigger and see if the problem goes away.

KetilO

Biterider

Hi KetilO
The font I'm using is "Lucida Console". The problem seems to appear with a size of 10 or less points. It seems to be gone using 11 points.
Intersting is that when the glitch appears, moving another window over the rectangle containing the plus sign, it is redrawn correctly.

Biterider

KetilO

Hi Biterider

Makes sense since it is the redraw of the next line that overwrites the bookmark.

You could try this version of RAEdit, it works down to 8 points on "Lucida Console".

KetilO

[attachment deleted by admin]

Biterider

Hi KetilO
The new dll seems to work correctly. Thanks.

Biterider

Biterider

Hi KetilO
Where is the switch to turn off the "Accept the command" dialog?

Regards

Biterider

Mark Jones

Hi, add the files you wish to always accept to the [Accept] section of the RadASM.ini file. i.e.,

[Accept]
Accept=goasm.exe,golink.exe,gorc.exe,ml.exe,link.exe,rc.exe,ollydbg.exe
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

UtillMasm

perfect!

Monolith

In the masm package, 0FFFFFFFFh was added to the ApiConst file, next to MessageBeep, causing it to be highlighted.