introductionary subject: add MASM mini-programs to VS2008 program

Started by tetsu-jp, March 31, 2009, 04:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tetsu-jp

hello I had a small MASM32 project in 2004, but lost the final version, all that's left is some intermediate stage.
I've successfully done some basics, memory allocation, keys query etc.

otherwise i am using VB, old-style C, and RISC ASM. also i can use C++ (Visual Studio) if required.

now the subject is to add small graphic demo's (draw a ISF fern), for which the MASM source is available.
they draw on a GDI surface of a window.

I want to add them to a VB or C# program (can use C++ if required). however, modern VS2008 does not support assembly anymore at all.

how can i add them as easy as possible? I guess they (the obj files) can be linked to the VS project, somehow, but i do not exactly HOW-TO.

anyone has ever done this before (preferable VS2008)???

it is not needed for emergency, but i think a good subject to get participation started on this forum.

today I've downloaded all the 64BIT AMD manuals (in 2004, i had a PIII system).

What i think is the source from 2004, even if it still compiles, and works on 64BIT, must be restarted completely (because my coding style improved a lot due to microcontroller RISC). it was intend for small games, which can maintain memory lists for graphical objects.

for now, I have a small VB program: http://cid-fa090a35b45c1a08.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/hitech%20products/inline%20gfx.exe
and want to add the IFS fern, maybe other small graphics demo's.
I think written by Ron Thomas, but the website not found. I've found these sources today.

compatibility MASM / VB? how to declare the interfaces on VB/MASM side?
it should be sufficient to open a form, and pass the window pointer to the MASM code.

from what i know it works via DECLARE and LIB (in VB), and it should be possible.

do you have any support information, or have you done interfacing to VB2008?