News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Trying to get the ListDLL tool to work...

Started by mitchi, March 14, 2009, 02:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchi

ListDLL is a tool that displays all the DLL in use on your system. It's a sysinternals tool (Process Explorer, etc.)
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896656.aspx

The thing is , I run the program, it opens a console window and then it closes and I don't have the time to see anything  :green
Console output redirection doesn't work because the executable opens a NEW console window...
Anyone has an idea ?

PBrennick

Start the console window first by typing cmd.exe or command.com; then, type the program you want to run at the command prompt and you will see what you need to see.

You can do this the other way around (which is what you tried) by typing cmd.exe /k ListDLL.exe

The /k will prevent the window from closing on you.
Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

sinsi

If you're in vista, try running a command prompt as administrator. I tried it as a normal user and got an error message about needing DEBUG privileges.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

mitchi

Ok, I tested the program in my Windows XP Virtual Machine and it seems that this is a Vista problem because it works as it should in XP.
I'll try to add an int 3 before the call to ExitProcess...

sinsi

It works as it should in vista too, because finding info about other processes is a security issue, hence the need for elevated (admin) privileges.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

Farabi

Quote from: sinsi on March 14, 2009, 06:01:11 AM
It works as it should in vista too, because finding info about other processes is a security issue, hence the need for elevated (admin) privileges.
But hiding a process info is also dangerous. Imagine if a virus programmers discover how to hide their malware.
Those who had universe knowledges can control the world by a micro processor.
http://www.wix.com/farabio/firstpage

"Etos siperi elegi"

sinsi

Quote from: Farabi on March 16, 2009, 03:41:50 AM
Quote from: sinsi on March 14, 2009, 06:01:11 AM
But hiding a process info is also dangerous. Imagine if a virus programmers discover how to hide their malware.
Yes, but it isn't hidden, just from a 'normal user'. For example, try running 'Process Explorer' in vista (in my case win7beta).
It will show processes, but the details (handles,dlls etc) are hidden. Run it as administrator and all is revealed...

mitchi

Process Explorer is a fine piece of software... Can you believe that the same image can detect a 64 bit OS, extract the 64 bit .exe from it's resources , run it. And at exit, the 64 bit .exe is deleted.
Ni vu, ni connu  :bg