RadASM 2.2.1.6 bugtest (2009-03-11)

Started by KetilO, March 11, 2009, 02:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KetilO

Whats new:
----------------
o Added resource type RT_HTML
o Code lines now has a yellow indicator for unsaved chanees, green for saved changes.
o Better code complete support for C/C++ (locals (Ctrl+Shift+Space) and casted structures).
0 Added protection against malicious project files (.rap). A dialog shows the command that will be
  executed. It is up to you to accept the command or not. There is also a 'Don't ask again' option.
  Even with this added protection you should always open a project file from a non trusted source
  in text edit mode (File / Open File) and verify that it not executes any suspicious commands.
o Fixed RadASM Project File (.rap) Stack-Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability.
o Fixed bug with environment variable that caused crash on win 2000.

Get it here:
https://fbedit.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fbedit/RadASM/RadASM2216.zip

KetilO

donkey

Hi Ketil,

Having a bit of a problem with comment blocks, when I use GoAsm /*...*/ comments it uses the comment color for everything to the end of the file, closing the project and reopening it fixes this but the comment will no longer collapse. The hilighting problem only seems to happen when the */ is on a different line. Are there changes to make to my GoAsm ini file for this version ?

Edit:
Code block from GoAsm.ini

11=/*,*/,,,32

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

Also, when I have a project open and double click a rap file to open a different project I get a few error dialogs, this problem dates back a few versions, it just never bothered me enough to report it since I usually use Open Project.

The shell open command from my registry:

"C:\Programming\RadASM\RadASM.exe" "%1"

.RAP files have been associated with RadASM
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Ficko

Hi Ketil!

Thanks for the update.

I had noticed some propably unwanted changes.

Using "comment *" in MASM loosing the comment color on the following lines.

Screenshot attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

KetilO

Thanks donky and Ficko

New upload.

KetilO

PauloH

Hi KetilO!

I can't record RadASM macros anymore. When the Macro-->Record menu item is clicked nothing happens.

Thank you and kind regards.

PauloH.

donkey

Hi Ketil,

Still an issue with comment blocks, this will still cause the same effect...

/* Won't be ported to Win64 */

It's the quote in the line that is causing the problem.

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

KetilO

Hi PauloH

The macro recorder works as it should here.
I am guessing that your path for macros is the problem.
Check Option / Path Setup and verify that the Macro ($M) path exist.

KetilO

KetilO

donkey

Hi Ketil,

Thanks for the fix, There seems to be a problem with search. When I search inside the main file everything works fine but when I search through an entire project the header files (.h) are not searched, even if the header is my actively open file.

From "Code Editor options"

Code Files = .asm.h.rc.tpl.rad.a.

This is the result of a search in a .h file, if the Project box is checked no .h files will be searched. As you can see the string I am searching for is in the file and I selected direction all, though it was reset after the search, however the cursor was above the search target in any case.

-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

KetilO

Monolith

Thank you for your hard work in adding better support for c++ locals (I can finely drop the large, now useless, c++ ide, and just use radasm). It is working very well, however, it doesn't support (not really a bug) using pointers, for example,

RECT rc = {0,0,20,20};   
SendMessage(hw,EM_CHARFROMPOS,0,(LPARAM) &rc.right); // <----- wont work when & is placed before local

Anyway, keep up the fantastic work.

donkey

Thanks Ketil,

I've been using it pretty heavily this morning and have found no bugs.

For the release I have attached the new GoAsm files for RadASM, it includes new templates, GoAsm.ini, the template master files, a new copy of my version of vKim's debug as well as the new RadHelp and source. Help2 Viewer is not included but the exe and source are available at my website, since it is a RadASM project and written by me you can include it with any distribution if you like, I am still working through HTML Help1.x files but should have support for them soon, I am still waiting for the docs on Help3.

Edgar

[attachment deleted by admin]
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

KetilO

Hi all

New upload with minor fixes.

Masm:
o Fixed comment block bug if char is ' or "
All assemblers:
o Fixed block guide paint bug on segment blocks.
C/C++:
o Fixed code complete bug on pointer to structure (&rc.left).

KetilO

PauloH

Hi, KetilO.

Good updates! But about the macro record problem, I still haven't any success, even after a manual path setting. I'm running Vista. Is there any issue with Vista ?

Thank you in advance.

PauloH.