Pittsburgh Steelers Six Time Super Bowl Champions!

Started by Bill Cravener, February 26, 2009, 08:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

There has to be a good many American and European folks here on Steve's board that like American football. You know that real bust your head and break some legs kind of football. As I have stated before somewhere here on the board I work for Knievel Motorcycle Manufacturing and we are almost finished with a theme bike we are building for the Pittsburgh Steelers football team. They will then, after making the rounds about the country for photo ops, raffle it off to someone then give the money to some charity.

To continue, one of my other professional skills is upholstery a craft my father taught me, he was one all his life. Anyway, I thought I'd show off the custom seat I made for the theme bike. It is covered in farmed black stingray and real cow hide leather with embroidered logos. I will post a couple pictures of the finished bike when completed.

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

MichaelW

The seat looks good. I can guess, but could you explain what farmed black stingray is and why it was selected.
eschew obfuscation

Bill Cravener

Hi Michael,

Farmed stingrays are raised like cattle or fresh trout and not taken from the wild. Stingray hides are mostly used for wallets, hand bags and belts. Knievel is perhaps the only chopper builder that uses them on their theme bike seats (though I expect that American Chopper crowd will be copying our seat design before long).  :bg

http://www.implora.com/accessories.asp?i=29&k=3&b=Stingray+Skin+Leather+Hides&mn=ac
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

Bill Cravener

You folks are some of the first to see these pictures. Sorry, they are not staged photos I simply took pics of what I found interesting about the bike (the seat especially :bg).

My MASM32 Examples.

Mark Jones

Wow, impressive. Is this like, going to be on American Chopper or something? :bg
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

Bill Cravener

Hi Mark, no we are not them folks but we do our share of celebrity bike builds.  :bg

http://www.knievelcycles.com

By the way my favorite is the Playboy bike.
My MASM32 Examples.

ecube

Wow your graphics artist is immensely talented, nice photos!