MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Microsoft is having a bad day

Started by drhowarddrfine, February 25, 2009, 09:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

Quote from: PBrennick on February 26, 2009, 12:16:26 PM
The problem that the competitors are faced with is that most users are NOT power users so they will not fiddle with their stuff. When they try to open a webpage, IE jumps in and does it for them and they consider it to be 'job done' and will see no need to fix something that appears to be working fine for them.

Paul

Paul,

This is my view also and unless you deal with the un-techy everyday computer user on a daily bases as I do I guess one does not see it in the same way. The average Joe/Jane does not care what browser they use and in most cases even though IE displays its name in the title bar they have no clue even if you ask them what browser they are using and simply care not.

Don't get me wrong there are honest credits when it comes to the faults of the Windows OS and its IE browser but then you have outright haters like our friend dr, that to many folks here including myself, appears extremely obsessed with the downfall and destruction of MS and their IE browser. I make my living using MS products as an asm programmer, web developer and administrator with very few complaints. But then I never was much of a whiner.

If our friend dr put in as much effort in instructing those who come here to learn and enjoy the art of assembly language as he's does in dumping his MS/IE hatred here he'd be a much more pleasant fellow to communicate with. Until he does so he well continue to appear as an agitator to many here on Steve's board and in my opinion should just be ignored.
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

drhowarddrfine

Quote from: Cycle Saddles on February 26, 2009, 02:25:07 PM
If our friend dr put in as much effort in instructing those who come here to learn and enjoy the art of assembly language as he's does in dumping his MS/IE hatred here he'd be a much more pleasant fellow to communicate with. Until he does so he well continue to appear as an agitator to many here on Steve's board and in my opinion should just be ignored.

Says the person who admitted he does little with asm anymore and was shown, a few months ago, where I've contributed more than he has.  Of course, why this thread has turned into a discourse on my characteristics and not the subject at hand, I don't know. Usually it's done by those who don't have knowledge of the subject.  You have no knowledge of the subject.