News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Please Help

Started by fygr, September 30, 2008, 05:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fygr

Hello all of you. Just want some basic help to start with these things....

I have bought Randall´s Art of Assembly HLA book. I was add my environment for LIB and create path,and it works in command prompt, typing: hla helloworld.hla.

And here is my problem:

I still like to use IDE much much more and cant make RadASM work correctly? (yes I think that is my choise for the IDE, QEDITOR is nice too, if that may work with HLA?? I don´t know??).
My problem is that  it is allways saying me that:
C:\Hla\hla -c "" Could not open .hla
Make finished.

I was installed HLA 1_54 Release running Hlasetup file. I have MASM32 installed earlier and all stuff is in my C:\ drive C:\HLA, C:\MASM32, and C:\RADHLA. environment variables are:
HLAINC: C:\HLA\INCLUDE,
HLALIB: C:\HLAHLALIB\HLALIB.LIB,
LIB: C:\HLA\HLALIB,
PATH: C:\C:\HLA;C:\MASM32\BIN;C:\HLA\HLALIB;C:\RADHLA;C:\RADHLA\HLA;C:\RADHLA\HLA\INC. For now. Just to make me sure there are no forget any variables? What I should add and where to make my RadHLA combile the helloworld.hla file. Like I say it works great on Command prompt....

BlackVortex

I'm not sure if this will help but the radasm faq states that :
QuoteQ: I have trouble building hla projects. I get a massagebox saying: Error during process creation.
A: You need to install nmake.exe to C:\masm32\bin You can get nmake here.

And this should be in the RadAsm support section of this forum, not in the hla section    :green

fygr

Sorry for the section, I was thinking that here is the help couse RADHla is coming with the book of Art Of Assembly.

Obviously this NMAKE.EXE still did not help me. The message was the same "Could not open...". I downloaded version NMAKE15.EXE and Run/Extract these files (nmake.exe and nmake.err files exactly) then copy these in MASM32\bin folder..?

~Thanks anyway for your help, I continue with this in the section where I belong.  ::)

Evenbit

You won't have any problems if you use HIDE:

http://sevag.krikorian.googlepages.com/hide

Nathan.