MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

HLA Examples are now on Source Forge

Started by Randall Hyde, May 06, 2008, 10:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall Hyde

Hi All,

I've managed to get the HLA Examples repository on Source Forge up and running. I've reorganized the HLA examples, compiled them (and fixed some syntax errors that have been hanging around the old examples for some time now), and cleaned some of them up.

The repository on SourceForge contains five directories: generic, FreeBSD, Linux, MacOSX, and Win32. The "generic" directory is intended to hold those programs that should compile and run under any OS (hopefully, the majority of the sample programs will wind up in this directory). The FreeBSD, Linux, MacOSX, and Win32 directories are intended to hold programs that are specific to a given OS.  Currently there are no FreeBSD-, Linux-, or Mac OSX-specific programs, so their respective directories are empty, but if someone writes some in the future these directories are the appropriate destinations.

The Win32 directory contains various Win32-specific examples, including the ports of the ICZLION tutorials, the Win32 console library, and several other sample programs. Most of the programs found in the Win32 directory really ought to be modified to be portable across the various OSes. Most of the programs (AGE, BASIC, etc.) require little more than trivial changes (like changes to the makefiles or substituting the generic console library code for the Win32 Console Library code). Some of them contain Win32-specific calls that can be replaced by calls to the stdlib (calls that didn't exist when these sample programs were first written).  If anyone is looking for some project to take on, making as many of these programs OS-neutral as possible would be a great task to take on.

Here's where you can find the repository:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hlaex

I'll be more than happy to make anyone a "developer" on this repository. Just email me your Source Forge ID and I'll set you up.

If you've never used Source Forge before, you'll need to get an account there and set up a Subversion client on your machine. If you're running Windows, I recommend the Tortoise client for Subversion as it's very easy to set up and use.

Enjoy!
Randy Hyde