recursive removing of a registry key ... temp settings of a main app ... 1stpost

Started by void, April 13, 2008, 12:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

void

hello to everyone ... i started some project of mine ... and as i havent got some other compilers ... i began with masm32  :bdg ... it is cool ... because of PE size and speed but its a pain in u know where for ex. delphi coder ... for today my work is done ... 2:32AM  :eek .... am getting headache from asm code  :8) /// so i stucked at recursive removing of a registry key ... temp settings of a main app ...

there are lots of questions on this subject ... for ex: GuardedDeleteKey ???  :red cant make it work ... i read this forum ... looked at archived one ;) but cant access it ...

so what i need is Enumeratio and Removing of subkeys ... [yeah yeah i know ... no subkeys in a key which is gona be removed !] and then
Quoteinvoke  ExitProcess,0

:(

* void went for some aspirine

Cprompt

I seem to remember a nifty registry key removal routine written by japheth. I can't link a forum message but if you go to his website you can find the routine in his asm com example.

www.japheth.de and the program was simpleserver or something like that.

Cprompt

As far as I know (i'll go test it now) SHDeleteKey will remove a key and all of it's values.

If you want to remove a key containing subkeys, you'll need a recursive routine as demonstrated at the above link.

Either way, if that API call does the trick, mission accomplished.