Easy Code & Bill Aitken's Tutorial's

Started by stevenp, April 11, 2008, 10:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenp

I went through Bill Aitken's tutorials today using Easy Code and I must really say how great his tutorials were, how much I felt I learned and how much I really, really like Easy Code.  It is a great RAD IDE.

I have one question at the moment:  why did Bill stop making the tutorials?  They are great and I would have loved to keep going through more.

Thanks!
-Steven

Ramon Sala

Hi Steven,

Thank you very much for your kind words about Easy Code and Bill Aitken's tutorials. I'm afraid Bill is very busy and he doesn't have any time for his brilliant tutorials. Anyway, I will talk to him.

Thanks for using Easy Code.

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

stevenp

Thanks for taking the time to ask Bill.  I understand he might be very busy.

Any recommendations on where to go from here? I would like to build on what I've learned through his tutorials.  I've done the assignments and experimented a little and would like to keep learning at the same pace (not be too overwhelmed right away.)

I figure what I'll do today is look through the forum for newbie questions and learn from the answers already given.

Thanks!

Ramon Sala

Thank you Steven!

I think what you could do now (that's what I would) is designing a little application. That way you put in practice everything you've learned.

Regards.
Greetings from Catalonia

cran0g

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your kind comments about my series of articles.  Ramon and I correspond fairly frequently, so he was right when he said I was really busy.  I was promoted to Head of my Practice in a very large IT training company at the beginning of this year.  It has taken more time up than I care to think.  However, I am almost completed another "chapter" and intend to get it out in the next couple of weeks.  Sorry for the delay.

Bill

stevenp

Awesome!  I am looking forward to the next chapter!  :8) :U

In the mean time I'll try and put something together based on what I've learned.

stevenp

Just a bump to this thread to remind Bill he's got a fan base out here that would love to see the next installment of his tutorial.  :dance:

cran0g

Hi Steve,

I hear you, mate.  I'm just so **!*!%-ing  busy.  But it is one of my to-dos  ::).  The other thing I was wondering is this - would you prefer that the turorials were in the form of an executable eBook or the website job that I'm currently doing?  The former would allow you read them easily even when off-line.

stevenp

I like the idea of an eBook.  Thanks!  :8)

stevenp

Quote from: cran0g on June 12, 2008, 08:40:36 AM
Hi Steve,

I hear you, mate.  I'm just so **!*!%-ing  busy.  But it is one of my to-dos  ::).  The other thing I was wondering is this - would you prefer that the turorials were in the form of an executable eBook or the website job that I'm currently doing?  The former would allow you read them easily even when off-line.

Just another bump to the top to remind Bill about the tutorials.  :U

Ramon Sala

Hi Steve,

I'll talk to Bill but I'm afraid he's too bussy.

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

vmars

Greetings:
I have been looking for these Bill Aiken Tutorials.
Please, can  you direct me to them, or otherwise how can I get?.
Thanks a bunch !
...Vern

vmars

Maybe Oops!
Is this the same Bill Aiken who also writes re: Euphoria programming language?
Thanks!

dedndave

probably is.....

QuoteIs this the same Bill Aiken who also writes re: Euphoria programming language?

but, again, it is "Aitken"
for $100, i'll fix your keyboard - lol