News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Building alternate RTL for MASM32

Started by Adamanteus, December 23, 2007, 07:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamanteus

It's you decreased it on original msvcrt.lib on 1K. But I asked hows it is linking with my lib. So you build.bat file with polink linker are giving such output on me :

POLINK: error: Symbol '$LN2' is multiply defined ('msvcrt:ERRORDIA.OBJ' and 'msvcrt:ERRORDIA.OBJ').
POLINK: error: Symbol '$LN3' is multiply defined ('msvcrt:ERRORDIA.OBJ' and 'msvcrt:ERRORDIA.OBJ').
POLINK: error: Symbol '$LN4' is multiply defined ('msvcrt:ERRORDIA.OBJ' and 'msvcrt:ERRORDIA.OBJ').
POLINK: error: Symbol '$LN5' is multiply defined ('msvcrt:ERRORDIA.OBJ' and 'msvcrt:ERRORDIA.OBJ').
POLINK: error: Symbol '$LN6' is multiply defined ('msvcrt:ERRORDIA.OBJ' and 'msvcrt:ERRORDIA.OBJ').
POLINK: error: Symbol '$LN16' is multiply defined ('msvcrt:ERRORDIA.OBJ' and 'msvcrt:ERRORDIA.OBJ').
POLINK: error: Symbol '$LN7' is multiply defined ('msvcrt:STRINGZ.OBJ' and 'msvcrt:STRINGZ.OBJ').
POLINK: error: Symbol '$LN8' is multiply defined ('msvcrt:STRINGZ.OBJ' and 'msvcrt:STRINGZ.OBJ').
POLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '_RegOpenKeyExA'.
POLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '_RegCloseKey'.
POLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '_RegQueryValueExA'.
POLINK: fatal error: 3 unresolved external(s).

Exactly mean : Marry Christmas day, to my RTLĀ  :bdg

Vortex

Could you give information about how you built your version of msvcrt.lib? Another question, why do link with advapi32.lib?

Adamanteus

Build throw my sources by asm and c compiler directly. Advapi32.lib require linker for it's referenced from getCountry function in library, even it's not require for the program seems that linker pouted it to there for unknown reasons.