MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

detecting CPU Temperature

Started by ossama, December 12, 2007, 05:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossama

hello,
how can i detect my CPU temperature with masm.
thank you.

Tedd

Search msdn for "wmi cpu temperature" :wink
(It's not a simple function call.)
No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible.

ossama

ossama

is there any source code showing how to use this function ?

P1

You are invited to an elite group of programmers.

The ones who do it the first time for the rest of the new programmers to use in the future.

When your done, post the code.

Look over the current source code and make a try of it, if you need help translating it to MASM, post the code and question, and we will help you into this elite group.

Regards,  P1   :8)

ossama

P1 , where is the code that you are talking about ?

Mark Jones

I believe he just said, "Please code this for the rest of us, because nobody has made anything like this yet."
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

sinsi

Isn't it all chipset-related anyway i.e. different ports/values/crap? Look on your motherboard's CD for one.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

Draakie

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];306852
might get you started

PS: The link should be typed-out as the hyperlink above does'nt paste correctly to IE.
Does this code make me look bloated ? (wink)

MichaelW

AFAIK you cannot get the current value, from WMI or SMBIOS. Searching MSDN I see multiple statements to this effect, here for example, and also at the link that Draakie posted. And on my system the WMI browser that akane posted here returns nothing for CIM_TemperatureSensor.
eschew obfuscation

ossama

Quote from: Mark Jones on December 13, 2007, 03:06:01 AM
I believe he just said, "Please code this for the rest of us, because nobody has made anything like this yet."

this is because my bad english,sorry

ToutEnMasm

ossama

merci ToutEnMasm,merci pour ton aid (ie, thank you for your help,for english men :green)

ossama

are there sourcecodes/tutors written in other programming languages that use the "windows management instrementation", i will try to translate it to masm code.
thank you

ToutEnMasm

Hello,
search c++ forum for that or wait that i finish a masm code with all the needed includes.
I am quite certain that Win32_TemperatureProbe need the install of a driver to work .
There is several tools who can read the temperature of a CPU.If one is enough small,run it on a debugger.
I have find a sample in c++ using a dll for ASUS,but that is all.
Searching msdn:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394493.aspx
Have a look at this C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wbem\wbemtest.exe  ! powerful tool !
The sample in basic need a cimwin32.dll located here
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wbem\cimwin32.dll
The following download sample is a vb script extract from the windows SDK

[attachment deleted by admin]