MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

internet connection IP address and LAN ip address

Started by ossama, December 07, 2007, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossama

hello  :bg

i was navigating the web , and i have found a website that make me write this topic,
the site is:
http://ip-lookup.net/
this site can give you the ip address of the internet connection,which is assigned by your ISP,and your LAN address (if you are behind a router or you are connected via LAN)

my question is how it detects my LAN IP address? and what are the winsock functions to use to do this( i mean if i know the ip address of the internet connection of a LAN, how can i get the LAN ip addresses)?
i hope you understand my bad english   :bg

ragdog

hi  :bg

you  can detects the IP address with eaxample php that can you see here

http://www.plus2net.com/php_tutorial/php_ip.php

and here is a masm example

greets
ragdog

[attachment deleted by admin]

ossama

Ragdog !
you didnt understaand me,
my computer is a member in LAN, this LAN is connected to internet via a router,
the internet connection IP (of the router) is different from my IP address ,because my ip address is given by my router (and is 192.168.30.11 at this time) but the internet connection is given by our ISP (and it is at this time : 41.209.133.59.
if i go to anyu website that gives the ip address of my machine it gives the internet connection ip not my ip in the LAN.

ossama

Ragdog,
if you are connected to internet via LAN or you are behind a router,please visit http://ip-lookup.net/ ,it will give you your internet ip address and your LAN ip address

Mark Jones

"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

ossama

Quote from: Mark Jones on December 10, 2007, 05:42:20 PM
Is this still for your "Internet Cafe?"
you are very Skeptical (if it is the right word)

P1

Quote from: ossama on December 10, 2007, 05:24:06 PMif i go to anyu website that gives the ip address of my machine it gives the internet connection ip not my ip in the LAN.
I am interested to know, what your reasons are that the information becomes significant enough to collect here?

I know the reasons I keep an internal IP map, but I am the Local Network Administrator.  As an web developer, what use is it to you?

Regards,  P1   :8)

ragdog

@ossama

yes my pc is conected with lan and uses a router your link this detects my provider ip not my lan ip

ossama

ragdog,
when you visit the website you get this:

Your current IP address :
WAN : 41.209.133.59 Neighborhood
LAN : get my LAN address »

click on the link "get my LAN address »"
it will detect your ip address of your pc in the LAN

when i clicked that link  i got this

Your current IP address :
WAN : 41.209.133.59 Neighborhood
LAN : 192.168.30.11

ossama

Quote from: ragdog on December 10, 2007, 06:37:25 PM
@ossama

yes my pc is conected with lan and uses a router your link this detects my provider ip not my lan ip

ofcourse it will detect your internet connection ip address ,in fact any web site that you visit know your internet connection ip address which will be used to send you the page (or file) you are visiting, and it is the job of the router to give you that page (or file) and not other user in the LAN.

Vortex

Quote from: ossama on December 10, 2007, 06:52:56 PM
LAN : get my LAN address »

click on the link "get my LAN address »"
it will detect your ip address of your pc in the LAN

Ossama,

Did you enable Java in Internet Explorer? The "get LAN address" feature can be abused in my opinion, you should be carefull with your Java and \ or ActiveX settings. It's the Java application installed on your system informing about your LAN address.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/59c3a93d-1342-43a6-a01a-f720c7a17ffc1033.mspx

ossama

vortex,
do you mean that the java/activex within the web site is givng my LAN ip address not thz web site it self?

ossama

vortex, i have not instaled java on my machine,i have ms vm.

Vortex

Quote from: ossama on December 10, 2007, 07:35:33 PM
vortex,
do you mean that the java/activex within the web site is givng my LAN ip address not thz web site it self?

No, it's the Java VM installed on the computer reporting your IP address. Logically, there must be an application on your system who informs the website.

MS VM stands for Microsoft Java Virtual Machine. Exactly, this is the tool sending your LAN ip address! :)

ossama

QuoteNo, it's the Java VM installed on the computer reporting your IP address. Logically, there must be an application on your system who informs the website.

MS VM stands for Microsoft Virtual Java Machine. Exactly, this is the tool sending your LAN ip address!
vortex, are you sure,  so the ms vm can send other things to web sites on demand?
do you know a other thing that ms vm send?