News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

internet connection IP address and LAN ip address

Started by ossama, December 07, 2007, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex

Hitting the "get LAN address" link, a dialog box popups in my IE7 informing me that the page is using Java.

I don't think that there is a malicious intend here. I am not very familiar with the Java technology so I cannot tell you about the other features of Java VM.

ossama

thank you vortex (and all who had help me) , when i first time wrote this topic, i was wondering how to get ip of pc on LAN, and i did not find any function of winsock to do that (i read the msdn) this is why i wrote here to get help.

MichaelW

Quote from: ossama on December 07, 2007, 09:12:00 AM
my question is how it detects my LAN IP address? and what are the winsock functions to use to do this( i mean if i know the ip address of the internet connection of a LAN, how can i get the LAN ip addresses)?

Why do you need the LAN address, and what do you expect to do with it? People use routers with NAT firewalls and non-routable IP addresses to keep malicious people on the Internet from running around barefooted in their LAN. Without this technology it would be impossible to safely connect most LANs to the Internet.
eschew obfuscation

ossama

MichaelW,
this forum is for helping coders to solve problems in their programs with masm,
and they will ask various qusetion here,yes i am agree with you that some questions are suspicious (hacking,...)but in real it is used in other ereas other than illigal use,
so you when i asked for keyboard lock you said that it is for something illegal,but it can be used for many useful things like preventing children for using pc,....
please dont be suspicious like that MichaelW,if i want to do something illegal i wont come here at all, i am learning masm and make programs for my self and freinds,
thank you. :naughty:

MichaelW

Your “it could be used in other areas…� is wimpy rationalization that can be applied to almost anything. You have had two opportunities to explain why you need the LAN IP address and what you expect to do with it, and you have not done so. You did not answer my question, just as you did not answer P1’s question, so I’m going to assume that “how can i get the LAN ip addresses� is the same as “how can I bypass a firewall�, and that your request is a violation of the forum rules. Topic locked, pending removal.
eschew obfuscation