News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

msn messenger notification window

Started by ossama, November 24, 2007, 03:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossama

is there any one who has an idea of how to create and show a window like the window showing in msn messenger when an email was recieved.
sorry for my english, thnx.

Tight_Coder_Ex

Is there a specific reason you want to do your own as Incredimail for one example can be setup to have a butler walk across the screen or fly hit the monitor when you have mail. Those are just two examples of some 15 I think it has

ossama

i have downloaded the software you told me, and yes, i like effects of showing windows like that, any idea how?

Tight_Coder_Ex

All it would be is an application that checks your server at whatever interval you want and when an e-mail shows up set the focus to that programs window to show above all others.  I realize that's over simplified, but the system you are doing it on and connection types makes a big difference on how this would be done.

ossama

thank you Tight_Coder_Ex for trying help me, but i think you did not understand me (maybe my bad english ,sorry for that) , what i need in my program (that i am writting with masm) is a window show up in the same way that the notification window of msn messenger when there are some emails in your mail .

Tight_Coder_Ex

We are still talking about the same thing but just in a different way.  You want to design this feature right into the program you are writing now, whereas if I was to do it I would make the application do a system wide broadcast to all windows and then if there was no response then bring up a window independent from all other applications. The reason for no response would be that the other applications would have to have some method of responding to this event similar to WM_FONTCHANGE.

In any event, you just have to build a timer event in your application that checks your email server and then when something is there pop up a modless window.  The method you propose is only different in so much as it would only work while the application you are designing is active.

ossama

Tight_Coder_Ex , would you give me an example in masm (if you have time) , ie, source code,thnx

fearless

Could only find a few examples of this. Mostly ActiveX controls.

Its the notification at the tray that you are looking for, emulating the likes of Norton when scanning emails, or other AV packages when updates occur etc, and obviously like the MSN.

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=320639

and one on codeproject: http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscctrl/RobMisNotifyWindow.asp

Hope that helps point you in the right direction to start with.
ƒearless

Tight_Coder_Ex

Sorry ossama, I have no such example.  I know the theory of operation, but as I've never had the need I've therefore never developed the code to that end.  I believe in MASM32 there are some examples you could use versus MAPI or google

ossama

Tedd

Attachment: An example I made a long time ago to answer the same questrion by someone else :wink

[attachment deleted by admin]
No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible.

ossama

thank yo very much tedd, this is what i want, i will take a deep loock into the source code

thnx a lot