MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

I have a problem installing MASM32 V9

Started by Dasar, November 21, 2007, 08:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasar

Hi all

I've been trying to install masm32 v9 , but I couldn't I was keep getting this error in 3 computers I tried to install it on:

what is the problem ? any help is highly appreciated.

BTW: I've installed WinRar, and WinRar works just fine. I can right-click on the install.exe of masm32, and choose Extract files.. etc.
but if I extract the files this way, MASM32 editor doesn't work, also there are some files can't be extracted this way.

EDIT:
I forgot to tell, that I'm using KasperSky Internet Security7 on the 3 computers, could it be the cause of this problem ?

hutch--

The problem is the enabled DEP with XP and later. version 9.0 was written before DEP was released in Windows. Completely disable the DEP and make sure you turn it off in KasperSky as well. The problem is solved in the upcoming version.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Dasar

Well, thank you very much hutch for your reply, I'm going to try and tell you :)

Bye !

Dasar

Hi Hutch

I tried to change DEP settings, but I couldn't. Look at this picture:

I can't choose any one of the 2 options, because they're deactivated .

could anyone please tell me how can I disable the DEP in this case ?

EDIT:
I'm the administrator of this computer.

Vortex

Dasar,

Is your computer a domain member? If so, what are the details of the group policy applied to your computer?

Shantanu Gadgil

QuoteI can't choose any one of the 2 options, because they're deactivated .
Could this because of the "/noexecute" parameter in the boot.ini file???
For me it is "/noexecute=optin". (Maybe its "alwayson" for you?)

HTH,
Regards,
Shantanu
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

Dasar

Hello

@ Vortex:
1- I don't know exactly what do you mean with "domain member".
2- but I don't think so, my computer is only for personal use, It isn't connected to any network.
3- If you have any suggestions please tell me.

@Shantanu Gadgil:
This is the boot.ini file in my computer:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

any suggestions ?

ramguru

Just change boot.ini value: /noexecute=alwaysoff
It will disable DEP, and you will be able to run masm32 installation (according to hutch--).

Vortex

Hi Dasar,

No problem. A computer becomes a domain member when it joints a Windows NT\2000\2003 domain. I tought that you were running a computer connected to a network.

Dasar

No luck !   :'(

I tried every thing I can do, but I still can't install MASM32 v9. this is the first time I encounter such problem with it.

@ramguru:
I tried noexecute=alwaysoff , but it still doesn't work.
I also added install.exe in the exception list of DEP, but the same error message still appears.
I have also closed all antivirus and firewall programs, but I was keep getting the same result !

I don't know what I have to do  at this point :'(

hutch, why didn't you make the install package a normal wizard setup program ? !   :P

Mark Jones

Do you have administrator privileges?

Is this running Vista? 64-bit?
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

Vortex

Are your system log files reporting error message(s)?

hutch--

Dasar,

suggested in my first reply, turn it off in KasperSky Internet Security as well. We have seen this problem before and this needs to be done to disable DEP.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Shantanu Gadgil

Quotehutch, why didn't you make the install package a normal wizard setup program ? !
I agree ... not that the installer has to look in any particular way, but just do away with all this DEP related problems.  :eek

Regards,
Shantanu
To ret is human, to jmp divine!