MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

skined window

Started by anuradha, June 16, 2007, 08:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anuradha

hi guys
is their any api or way to create skined window????
thanks

gabor

Hello!

You mean to add a background image to a window? Or even a layout of control items?
I think the background is not very hard to add, a customizable layout is much more difficult...
The handler of the WM_PAINT message has to draw the background before any other in-front item is drawn.

There are docs, tutorials for sure, but an API, I would doubt that. But maybe I'm wrong. :)

Greets, Gábor

anuradha

hello gabor

First thanks for reply
in above question i meant custom windows like winamp, jetaudio !!
thanks

donkey

There is no specific API for skinning a window, TestDepartment had a great example of window skinning as well as NaN for skinning controls. I am afraid I don't have either of them any more but you may be able to find NaN's skinned buttons at the Win32asmcommunity. For TestDepartment, I believe that site and all it's information was lost years ago, I had a backup at one time but seem to have misplaced it.

You will need a region generator, I believe Vortex did a rather nice one though I might be wrong about the author, any way you can find several different ones with google. And will have to gain some understanding of the non-client region of a window and also be pretty good with WM_PAINT and back buffers and friends. On my website I have an example of a custom dialog caption, it introduces the APIs involved in non-client painting and can serve as a foundation for skinning.

Donkey
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

rags

I have the file Donkey is referring to, I could email it to you if you want me to, because it it too large to post here in one piece.
Rags
God made Man, but the monkey applied the glue -DEVO

anuradha

hi
thank you all
hey rags can you send me that file
here is my email anuindika@gmail.com
thanks

donkey

You know I forgot that the win32asmcommunity had backed up all of TestDepartment's demos...

http://www.asmcommunity.net/archives/TestDepartment/

Can't seem to see the Bugs Bunny skinned window though, maybe it was someone else who did it.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

hutch--

You will also find a direct link to TD's examples on the forum web site.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

ragdog

hi anuradha

here is a old rgn example

greets

ragdog

[attachment deleted by admin]

anuradha

once again thank you all.it was really helped
greets
anuradha :U :U :U