News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

multiple desktops

Started by ramguru, March 25, 2007, 03:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramguru

My tiny small application, once posted, now updated, useful for me...

[attachment deleted by admin]

timertik

nice tool  :U

I thought i had corrupt  the desktop the first go  :green2 everything that was on my main drive showed up on my desktop then i finaly tried set default and it works great now
by the way i searched for other tools that do this same job and this is the only free one i have found so far and it works perfect
if you can improve it maybe add an explorer like interface so people can click and choose what icons they want on desktop1..2..3 you could probably sell it seems many people find such things useful.

this is very nice!

ramguru

Thanks for response, I will improve it, but not going to sell. I like idea of free world, license-free apps, royalty-free windows (vista business) license, free refill, free spare the air days...

timertik

have you considered contacting freeware sites and placing it there maybe you can win some awards  :green

PS: you might want to consider tabs for changing desktop instead of buttons I think it makes it more profesional
I might be able to make some improvements on my own time i can post them if you want me too
although it might not be a big change I will have to look at it first to understand how it works though let me know

ramguru

Quote from: timertik on March 26, 2007, 08:03:50 PM
have you considered contacting freeware sites and placing it there maybe you can win some awards  :green
My award is if anyone but me use this application and finds it useful...

Quote from: timertik on March 26, 2007, 08:03:50 PM
PS: you might want to consider tabs for changing desktop instead of buttons I think it makes it more profesional
I might be able to make some improvements on my own time i can post them if you want me too
although it might not be a big change I will have to look at it first to understand how it works though let me know
That was fast, 30 minutes coding, I actually like buttons. For future I think about quick launch toolbar...
I encourage you to make changes 'cause coding is better than not_coding, besides you should think about yourself, what changes you like, and if you'll be happier with your changes made...you're welcome to post here any modification

PBrennick

Very nice. The only thing I think you should consider is the layout of the bar in compact mode. There is this space on the left that looks like a button is missing. I thing you should lose the space. I know it is not a big deal, but for some damn reason, my eye keeps going to it.  To me it does not look right, probably a flaw in my mind or should I say, another flaw.

Nice work, nice idea,
Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

ramguru

Thanks for reply Paul,
That space is intentionally left for dragging...you know dragging by client area  :bg