News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Ehtyar on using MXVCRT.

Started by Ehtyar, March 18, 2007, 07:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ehtyar

You see what i mean.....apparently now I'm a slave to fashion.....whatever happened to opinion or personal preference i wonder?
MichaelW if you insist on consistently countering my statements, you may wish to better observe the words i use. You'll note upon decent inspection of what i wrote that i never claimed using system API was easier, nor did i claim that the entire contents of the crt was available using those API and i do believe i used the words "most likely" when commenting on the availability of system functions to use in place of the crt.

Thanks, Ehtyar.

MichaelW

Quotei do believe i used the words "most likely" when commenting on the availability of system functions to use in place of the crt

Yes you did, and the "most likely" is what prompted my response. For the CRT functions that I use most frequently, and I believe I'm not alone on this, there are no system equivalents. And if a CRT function has a simpler interface and is easier to use than the system equivalent, then it could be argued that the system equivalent is not equivalent. Also, for our purposes, the CRT is in a DLL.
eschew obfuscation

Vortex

Hi Ehtyar,

You have a second option, to use static C run-time libraries. In the board, there is in example of using Pelle's crt.lib with Masm. This methode can be usefull in some cases.

Ehtyar

Now that's just not funny. Hutch will know what i mean.

Ehtyar.