MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Opcode List

Started by EddieB, October 24, 2006, 03:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PBrennick

EddieB,
By the end of the weekend, I will have completed a program that sets up the file as a cardfile. I am almost done reformatting the file into fields. Once that is done it will be very easy to sort it in any way.

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

EddieB

Ah cool :)

I'll keep an eye open for it.

PBrennick

EddieB,
I am creating 5 fields as follows:

Mnemonic
Opcodes
Register/Memory usage
Description
Minimum CPU requirement

Paul

Vortex

Hi Paul,

That's going to be a nice tool :U

EddieB

Nice one!

Can't wait :)

Ehtyar

WOW this is an awesome thread, thanks for the tools Paul and Drizz, definately looking foreward to your re-work Paul :D

PBrennick

Thank you all for your nice words, I have been working on the text file database all day and your words make these efforts seem worthwhile.

Because I want others to easily use this database I am embedding the field specifiers

Here is an example of what you will see:

fld1=IMUL
fld2=69 /r iw
fld3=r16, imm16
fld4=word register=r/m16 * immediate word
fld5=386

The included CardFile example will show how the database can be accessed. The CardFile example is finished, I just need to finish conditioning the database.

Paul

EddieB

Yeah thats awesome :)

I can tokenise it easier like that.

Ehtyar

I'll second that :) :U

hutch--

I finally tracked the file down, it was nested three deep in a directory and I had for gotten its name. It was never part of the MASM32 project, I had posted it about 2 years ago or so in the masm forum. Paul has posted it so there is no point posting it again. It was up to date a couple of years ago but it does not include the SSE3 instructions.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Ehtyar

I only use the standard ones and ocasionally some fpu ones, so this thing is awesome :)

P.S. Hutch, check pm :)

Regards, Ehtyar.

EddieB

Ill I need is:

NAME | OPCODE | LENGTH TO FOLLOW

PBrennick

EddieB,
That is the nice thing about my version, you can pick and choose what fields to use. In your case, you would use the first 3 fields.  By the way, my version DOES include SSE3.

Paul

EddieB

Awesome :)

Any preview yet?

PBrennick

EddieB,
The list is complete, but the docs had errors (flag errors, if you can believe that!). So I am slowly going through the list and comparing the stuff against my QUE manual. It probably wont be done until tomorrow. I have put over 14 hours into it already but I want it to be correct.

I have completed the repair of almost 9,000 bytes of the file which will be over 100,000 bytes when completed. I am attaching the completed section so you can start writing your software to access it. Whatever works with the preview will, of course, work with the final product. If it is not proprietory, show us YOUR sources when you are done. My CardFiler needs lots of work as it takes about 5 seconds to parse the complete database. I am embarassed.

EDIT: I am attaching the early version of the CardFile program so you can see how I chose to access the database. Please do not be TOO critical, I know it sucks but the database is taking ALL of my time right now. If you do not use GeneSys just replace that word with masm32 and it will build fine (.rc, .asm and .bat all use the GeneSys hardcoded path).

EDIT: Both attachments have been updated. There are 323 records in the preview.

Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]