MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Opcode List

Started by EddieB, October 24, 2006, 03:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieB

Hello,

Firstly, I wasn't to sure on where to put this, as there are many boards regarding the same topic :P

I need to obtain a ascii list of opcodes with there asm value. Ive found a few versions, but they need heavily sorting out. I was thinking along the lines of something like this:

0E PUSH CS

Cheers,Eddie

EddieB

http://83.170.74.3/OPCodeMatrix.csv

I just found that, but it doesn't contain the byte code for each one.

PBrennick

opmap.txt can be found in \masm32\help

You already have it...

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

EddieB

Haha, I knew that was there... I just didn't know it had the raw list.

Cheers man :)

Ehtyar

Well this is my kinda topic. I've been using the intel manuals for a long time, and lets just say i find it rather combersome. Unfortuately, i cannot find this opmap.txt you're speaking of, nor can i find it on google, other than this thread right here, and nither can two of my friends find it in their masm32\help dir. Would it be possible to attach this file for me please?

Thanks, Ehtyar.

hutch--

:bg

Its bveen there since 1998.

F:\masm32\help>dir opcodes.hlp
Volume in drive F is WIN2K_F
Volume Serial Number is F4D2-CDE7

Directory of F:\masm32\help

04/08/1998  07:38p              84,937 opcodes.hlp
               1 File(s)         84,937 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  16,278,241,280 bytes free
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

PBrennick

Ehtyar,
I have zipped up a copy of opmap.txt and attached it to this post. Don't mind Hutch, he gets like this every now and then.  :bdg

Hutch: He is looking for opmap.txt, not opcodes.hlp, it contains more information than the help file does. Evidently I must have added it to the help folder although I do not remember doing so. If I did, I have no clue how come EddieB was able to find it. Did this come with an older copy of masm32? :U

Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ehtyar

aaaaHA, so this is the source of that memonix.exe. I can't imagine why anything so astoundingly useful would be removed from the masm package, I was considering unpacking memonix.exe to get the text file out of it, but seems you have saved me the trouble paul, thank you very much :)

PBrennick

Ehtyar,
One thing that I have always done is rename the masm32 folder instead of deleting it when I am going to install a new version. Then, I copy any files that appear to be missing into the new installation. Then, and only then, I will delete the old installation.

This is good advice for everyone. Do not let good stuff just disappear.
Paul

Ehtyar

I just paste everything over the top, so any files not in the new version are still left behind, and if any of the new files I don't like, just replace 'em from the old installation. But you must remember, I've been using masm for a lot less time than yourself paul ;)

Speaking of which though, is there an masm archive kinda thing anywhere?

EddieB

Thanks PBrennick...

I didn't have it in my masm32 folder either, I copied them out of the help file in the end :P

Cheers,

PBrennick

EddieB,
Thanks for the info. As you can see, opmap.txt is more imformative.

Ehtyar,
I have never seen any such archive. I have a copy of every version I ever installed. They are strewn all over the place so you may have better luck asking Hutch directly. If he wont help you, then come back to me but it is appropriate to ask him first.

Paul

EddieB

PBrennick,

Yeah, Since you posted the ascii list, im using it :)

The layout is exactly what I need for this decompiler.

drizz

this little prog. is also nice because you can sort columns by opcode & by mnemonic
http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=62.0;id=51
The truth cannot be learned ... it can only be recognized.

EddieB

Cool...

But would be even better if you could export the new layout...;)