MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

security certificates problem

Started by AssemblyBeginner, October 18, 2006, 03:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AssemblyBeginner

hi BogdanOntanu,

i don't want to acheive malicious thing,actually i want to acheive that ieplorer do,is its(iexplorer) doing wrong thing.i just want to handle that error that i face during system date change,i using winsock.

as when security certificate pop up up after clicking yes by button without change system date the iexplorer shows page that's i want to acheive not any dangerous thing.

i am thankful if some one help me to solve my that problem

thanks in advance.

P1

Then gives us the URL in question, if this is on the up and up?

Regards,  P1  :8)

AssemblyBeginner

if i try to open this url in my firefox browser it don't ask securtiy and not show popup but iexplorer shows,i want firefox kind method
in my code

P1

This works fine in FireFox for me.  (See screen shot.)

Are you behind a proxy with FireFox?

[attachment deleted by admin]

MichaelW

eschew obfuscation

P1

Quote from: AssemblyBeginner on October 18, 2006, 06:03:32 PMif i try to open this url in my firefox browser it don't ask securtiy and not show popup but iexplorer shows,i want firefox kind method
in my code
Duh, there is a login cookie set in FireFox, but not in IE.

Somewhere, on the the website, after you log in you can set a cookie to bypass the php login screen.

To test this, clear your cookies in FireFox.  And IE and FF will act the same.

AssemblyBeginner

hi p1 and michaelw

actually this thing i want to acheive through winsock and i am getting error

i have completed the whole task but only this system date error is remainig,i try lots of efforts but not acheive much to solve this one.

plz guide me what changes to do accept certificates like(registry settings /sending post header to convice server handshaking)

regards
assemblybeginner

P1

The https and the 'certificate' is not the problem, at this point.

The login is a html form, that you need to post through to the rest of the web site.

MichaelW

Quotei just want to handle that error that i face during system date change,i using winsock.

A problem with security certificates, an error during a system date change while using winsock, opening a url, and the link you posted. How are these things related?

eschew obfuscation

sluggy

Quote from: MichaelW on October 20, 2006, 05:15:54 AM
A problem with security certificates, an error during a system date change while using winsock, opening a url, and the link you posted. How are these things related?
I agree. This thread is going nowhere.
Even if AssemblyBeginner has a genuine problem, we can't help solve it until he can communicate effectively what the problem is.

AssemblyBeginner

there is a solution in this library what i want thanks anyway
great ssl library

http://www.codeproject.com/internet/casyncsocketex.asp